Re: [NTB] Really basic question....

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 5, 2008
      Very clever trick. In even works on NoteTab with Wine. Now the
      challenge is to remember it next time I have to update something . . .

      Sister

      --- "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

      > It is not in the "white" part. It is in the gray part. Go to the
      > left
      > of the find next button so that you aren't on find next and you
      > aren't
      > on the drop down arrow for the search box that is white. So you are
      > halfway between the drop down arrow and the button on plain old gray
      > background. Left double click there and you go to the top of the
      > document.

    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 6, 2008
        It makes my top twenty tricks in notetab. Now I wish that you could
        toggle regex on and off. You have to uncheck or check regex, close the
        find dialog and reopen it to get the content of the find box to be in
        regex or not regex format.

        Eric, any chance of this?

        sisterscape wrote:
        > Very clever trick. In even works on NoteTab with Wine. Now the
        > challenge is to remember it next time I have to update something . . .
        >
        > Sister
        >

        > --- "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:
        >> It is not in the "white" part. It is in the gray part. Go to the
        >> left
        >> of the find next button so that you aren't on find next and you
        >> aren't
        >> on the drop down arrow for the search box that is white. So you are
        >> halfway between the drop down arrow and the button on plain old gray
        >> background. Left double click there and you go to the top of the
        >> document.
      • Gerard Huijing
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 6, 2008
          Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:

          > It is not in the "white" part. It is in the gray part. Go to the left
          > of the find next button so that you aren't on find next and you aren't
          > on the drop down arrow for the search box that is white. So you are
          > halfway between the drop down arrow and the button on plain old gray
          > background. Left double click there and you go to the top of the
          > document.
          >
          > I suspect you are clicking in the white box which will in fact bring up
          > former search terms. The arrow will also allow you to scroll through them.
          >
          > I am on pro 5.x myself. So it should work for you.

          Thank you for the explanation. I had indeed misunderstood "blank"
          completely.

          Cheers,
          Gerard

          --
          Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
          2312 ZD Leiden
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 7, 2008
            "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> said on Jun 06, 2008 7:19
            -0400 (in part):
            > It makes my top twenty tricks in notetab. Now I wish that you could
            > toggle regex on and off. You have to uncheck or check regex, close the
            > find dialog and reopen it to get the content of the find box to be in
            > regex or not regex format.
            Don: Is this your situation? You've selected some text and keyed
            Ctrl+R. Because [x]-Regular Exp. was ticked it gets converted to regex
            syntax (eg. all dots are prefixed with back-slash). Now you want to get
            the same text in the Find what: field but w/o the auto-translate effect?

            Untick [x] Regular Exp, move mouse out of Replace dialog so focus is
            shifted to main-edit window and issue Ctrl+R again. Same (still selected
            text) replace the current text with whatever is selected at the point
            you issue the Ctrl+R.

            Note: this works best with the TweakUI-Mouse-X-Mouse [x]-Activation
            follows mouse (X-Mouse) on (I use an activation delay (ms)=1500).
            Caution: don't use Autoraise except perhaps for experimentation. I've
            never found a workable way to use that option (and I tried) - YMMV.

            Without the X-Mouse option you will have to click in main edit window
            and re-select desired text but still no need to actually close the
            Replace dialog (AFAICT).

            Also: if you Cntrl+C (copy) before Ctrl+R (replace) if it is already in
            regexp mode, you have the "native" text available in the clipboard to
            paste in the replace window if you realize that the translation it's
            done was not what you wanted.

            Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 7, 2008
              "terencefrancisedwards" <tfed@...> said on Jun 05, 2008
              13:33 -0400 (in part):
              > Great help folks! Many thanks - it's got me started, which is exactly
              > what I wanted.
              >
              > I just wonder how many other simple jobs I could have done in a
              > fraction of the time - if I'd found the program earlier & learned some
              > of the basics??!!
              And if I'd invested in Microsoft when I first head of them in the early
              '80's I'd be living in on my own island in the Caribbean 8-)

              Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail