Re: [NTB] What's the best and fastest way to create links to external files

  • orkgandalf
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 2008
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

      > orkgandalf wrote:
      > >When writing a simple text, suddenly you need to create a link to a
      > >file or to a picture located in another folder. How can you do that in
      > >notetab? I know you can use the [] but how you select the file or
      > >picture to link?
      >
      > You could use Document | Insert HTML link/image. You may have to
      > change its output to fit your needs. I think it inserts an HTML link
      > or IMG tag by default. You find fields for that that in Options, the
      > Internet tab.
      >
      > Lotta

      Thanks Lotta, yes it's working when you use the CTRL+SHIFT+F5 to
      insert a link it opens the dialog for you to select the file in the
      file system. The only trick is that i had to insert a "file://" before
      the file path for notetab to use my default browser to open the file
      (that's what i wanted). If the link points to a .txt, it's fine to
      open in notetab, but if it's a .doc, .jpg, etc, i need it to use the
      appropriate program to open it.
      That said, i believe this is the easiest and fastest way. Now i just
      need a procedure to ensure the linked files will always be available,
      but this is another history.
      Thanks much.
      Ork
    • orkgandalf
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2008
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > Have a look at the readme.otl under hyperlinks it will start you off .
        > THANKYOU DAVE M

        Thanks Dave, in fact, i had already read those instructions but it was
        missing the need to insert "file://" to open external files.
        Appreciate.
        Ork
      • M. Sean Fosmire
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
          Beware, though. Using a NoteTab link opens the external file <B>in
          NoteTab</B>, regardless of the file extension. Usually that is not the
          desired behavior.