Re: [NTB] What's the best and fastest way to create links to external files

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 2008
      Hi
      Have a look at the readme.otl under hyperlinks it will start you off .
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2008
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

        > orkgandalf wrote:
        > >When writing a simple text, suddenly you need to create a link to a
        > >file or to a picture located in another folder. How can you do that in
        > >notetab? I know you can use the [] but how you select the file or
        > >picture to link?
        >
        > You could use Document | Insert HTML link/image. You may have to
        > change its output to fit your needs. I think it inserts an HTML link
        > or IMG tag by default. You find fields for that that in Options, the
        > Internet tab.
        >
        > Lotta

        Thanks Lotta, yes it's working when you use the CTRL+SHIFT+F5 to
        insert a link it opens the dialog for you to select the file in the
        file system. The only trick is that i had to insert a "file://" before
        the file path for notetab to use my default browser to open the file
        (that's what i wanted). If the link points to a .txt, it's fine to
        open in notetab, but if it's a .doc, .jpg, etc, i need it to use the
        appropriate program to open it.
        That said, i believe this is the easiest and fastest way. Now i just
        need a procedure to ensure the linked files will always be available,
        but this is another history.
        Thanks much.
        Ork
      • orkgandalf
        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 2008
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > Have a look at the readme.otl under hyperlinks it will start you off .
          > THANKYOU DAVE M

          Thanks Dave, in fact, i had already read those instructions but it was
          missing the need to insert "file://" to open external files.
          Appreciate.
          Ork
        • M. Sean Fosmire
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
            Beware, though. Using a NoteTab link opens the external file <B>in
            NoteTab</B>, regardless of the file extension. Usually that is not the
            desired behavior.