Re: [NTB] Alphabetize docs in Favorites?

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2008
      Linnea wrote:
      > Hello everyone.
      > I think this group is way too advanced for me, speaking of ACSII and
      > other arcane things. ;-)
      > Is there any way to alphabetize the documents I've added to
      > all my Favorites categories? I have quite a few folders in that but
      > the documents are all in order of date added to each Folder, not in
      > alphabetical order. There's probably a way to get around this or just
      > to see them all ....I know how to do that, but it's becoming unwieldy
      > and I'd like to start organizing the whole thing. I _love_ this program.
      > I know I can go up to Menu and see all the docs in whichever
      > Category I am in, but a few of them have so many documents, there is
      > lots of scrolling to find them all.
      > It's not that important, but just in case there is an easy way. Right
      > clicking hasn't yielded anything so far. ~~ Thanks!
      >
      > Linnea

      I believe if you search the clips list you will find it. Do be scared
      by a bunch of ASCII Nerds :-)

      Clips are on a totally different list.

      Here is the answer I think:
      http://www.notetab.net/html/sortfavs.htm

      Written by our dear departed brother Jody Adair. It has been a year and
      two months and it seems like yesterday (speaking of things from the past).
    • cocobolomargarita
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 25, 2008
        I do thank you, but I probably can't attain those heights!
        I'll puzzle that over and perhaps I can try. I didn't know that
        Favorites was a part of Clips as I had joined that group too, and they
        are all definitely far beyond me in computing. I know that I am to
        avoid asking Clip questions here but I don't have things straight yet.
        (My avatar is on my shoulder saying, Oh right...translate that yet to
        never.)
        I am sorry you've lost a good member in Jody Adair.

        ~~ Linnea, who knows just enough to be dangerous
      • loro
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 25, 2008
          Linnea wrote:
          > Is there any way to alphabetize the documents I've added to
          >all my Favorites categories?
          <snip>
          >Right clicking hasn't yielded anything so far. ~~ Thanks!

          Actually... right click is the answer. Go to Favorites | Organize |
          Go to favorites . Choose the category you want from the drop down
          list. Right click in the window where all the documents are listed
          and choose "Sort list".

          Lotta
        • Linnea
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 26, 2008
            That was it! I just didn't right click in depth, I guess. Oh, trying
            to dodge T storms this evening, thank you so much, am closing down!
            ~~ Linnea

            Posted by: "loro" loro-spam01-@... yastupidhoo
            Date: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:40 pm ((PDT))