Alphabetize docs in Favorites?

  • Linnea
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24 9:26 AM
      Hello everyone.
      I think this group is way too advanced for me, speaking of ACSII and
      other arcane things. ;-)
      Is there any way to alphabetize the documents I've added to
      all my Favorites categories? I have quite a few folders in that but
      the documents are all in order of date added to each Folder, not in
      alphabetical order. There's probably a way to get around this or just
      to see them all ....I know how to do that, but it's becoming unwieldy
      and I'd like to start organizing the whole thing. I _love_ this program.
      I know I can go up to Menu and see all the docs in whichever
      Category I am in, but a few of them have so many documents, there is
      lots of scrolling to find them all.
      It's not that important, but just in case there is an easy way. Right
      clicking hasn't yielded anything so far. ~~ Thanks!

      Linnea
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24 10:14 AM
        Linnea wrote:
        > Hello everyone.
        > I think this group is way too advanced for me, speaking of ACSII and
        > other arcane things. ;-)
        > Is there any way to alphabetize the documents I've added to
        > all my Favorites categories? I have quite a few folders in that but
        > the documents are all in order of date added to each Folder, not in
        > alphabetical order. There's probably a way to get around this or just
        > to see them all ....I know how to do that, but it's becoming unwieldy
        > and I'd like to start organizing the whole thing. I _love_ this program.
        > I know I can go up to Menu and see all the docs in whichever
        > Category I am in, but a few of them have so many documents, there is
        > lots of scrolling to find them all.
        > It's not that important, but just in case there is an easy way. Right
        > clicking hasn't yielded anything so far. ~~ Thanks!
        >
        > Linnea

        I believe if you search the clips list you will find it. Do be scared
        by a bunch of ASCII Nerds :-)

        Clips are on a totally different list.

        Here is the answer I think:
        http://www.notetab.net/html/sortfavs.htm

        Written by our dear departed brother Jody Adair. It has been a year and
        two months and it seems like yesterday (speaking of things from the past).
      • cocobolomargarita
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 25 6:41 PM
          I do thank you, but I probably can't attain those heights!
          I'll puzzle that over and perhaps I can try. I didn't know that
          Favorites was a part of Clips as I had joined that group too, and they
          are all definitely far beyond me in computing. I know that I am to
          avoid asking Clip questions here but I don't have things straight yet.
          (My avatar is on my shoulder saying, Oh right...translate that yet to
          never.)
          I am sorry you've lost a good member in Jody Adair.

          ~~ Linnea, who knows just enough to be dangerous
        • loro
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 25 8:40 PM
            Linnea wrote:
            > Is there any way to alphabetize the documents I've added to
            >all my Favorites categories?
            <snip>
            >Right clicking hasn't yielded anything so far. ~~ Thanks!

            Actually... right click is the answer. Go to Favorites | Organize |
            Go to favorites . Choose the category you want from the drop down
            list. Right click in the window where all the documents are listed
            and choose "Sort list".

            Lotta
          • Linnea
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 26 2:37 PM
              That was it! I just didn't right click in depth, I guess. Oh, trying
              to dodge T storms this evening, thank you so much, am closing down!
              ~~ Linnea

              Posted by: "loro" loro-spam01-@... yastupidhoo
              Date: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:40 pm ((PDT))