Re: Vista SP1: New notetab session when doubleclicking TXT or OTL

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 11, 2008
      Hi Sheri,

      good eye. I've corrected this for my shortcuts, have shut down &
      restarted NoteTab; still getting multiple instances.

      Here's a more formal writeup-

      The Notetab shortcut 'Target' property: "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro
      5\NotePro.exe" /USER=L:\AppData\NoteTabPro
      /TEMP=%AllUsersProfile%\NoteTab\Temp

      NOTE: the notepro.ini file is also located in:
      C:\Users\JimR61i\AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro. To insure I had the same
      version of the file I copied the network copy to the local drive folder.

      Scenario 1: NoteTab not running-

      - doubleclick TXT file located on desktop
      - NoteTab launches (not using /USER setting)
      - close TXT file; leave Notetab running
      - return to desktop & doubleclick TXT file; opens in current session

      Scenario 2: NoteTab running-

      - doubleclick TXT file located on desktop
      - NoteTab launches (not using /USER setting)
      - close TXT file; leave Notetab running
      - return to desktop & doubleclick TXT file; Launches a new NoteTab
      session & opens TXT file in new session.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
      > Not a Vista user, but I noticed you have two /TEMP= 's in that string.
    • JAS
      Message 2 of 4 , May 7 11:16 AM
        Same problem, running Vista SP1. Occurs both with NoteTab 5.4 and newly installed 6.0.

        No custom launch string. No ".ini" file in the program's directory, only in "users/.../AppData/roaming/NoteTab Pro."

        A puzzle.

        Cordially,
        J. Swami