Re: Vista SP1: New notetab session when doubleclicking TXT or OTL

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2008
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jgurney1@...> wrote:

      > I installed Vista Service pack 1 on 2 of my systems, Notetab Pro
      > version 5.61
      >
      > 'View/Options/Multiple Instances' is not checked. When I doubleclick
      > on a file with a TXT or OTL extension it launches a new Notetab
      > session even though Notetab is already running.
      >
      > My installation is launched using a custom launch string:
      >
      > "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\NotePro.exe"
      > /USER=L:\AppData\NoteTabPro /TEMP=/TEMP=%AllUsersProfile%\NoteTab\Temp

      Not a Vista user, but I noticed you have two /TEMP= 's in that string.
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 11, 2008
        Hi Sheri,

        good eye. I've corrected this for my shortcuts, have shut down &
        restarted NoteTab; still getting multiple instances.

        Here's a more formal writeup-

        The Notetab shortcut 'Target' property: "C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro
        5\NotePro.exe" /USER=L:\AppData\NoteTabPro
        /TEMP=%AllUsersProfile%\NoteTab\Temp

        NOTE: the notepro.ini file is also located in:
        C:\Users\JimR61i\AppData\Roaming\NoteTab Pro. To insure I had the same
        version of the file I copied the network copy to the local drive folder.

        Scenario 1: NoteTab not running-

        - doubleclick TXT file located on desktop
        - NoteTab launches (not using /USER setting)
        - close TXT file; leave Notetab running
        - return to desktop & doubleclick TXT file; opens in current session

        Scenario 2: NoteTab running-

        - doubleclick TXT file located on desktop
        - NoteTab launches (not using /USER setting)
        - close TXT file; leave Notetab running
        - return to desktop & doubleclick TXT file; Launches a new NoteTab
        session & opens TXT file in new session.

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Sheri" <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
        > Not a Vista user, but I noticed you have two /TEMP= 's in that string.
      • JAS
        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2009
          Same problem, running Vista SP1. Occurs both with NoteTab 5.4 and newly installed 6.0.

          No custom launch string. No ".ini" file in the program's directory, only in "users/.../AppData/roaming/NoteTab Pro."

          A puzzle.

          Cordially,
          J. Swami