Re: [NTB] Re: Need help reformatting split text

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2008
      Jody passed on a little over a year ago. we miss him a lot.

      Jeff

      M. Sean Fosmire wrote:

      > There may well be one or more documents posted online from those who
      > have already done this.
      >
      > Your request for a clip should be posted on the clips forum. As I
      > recall, Jody at that forum has done some bible publications, but it
      > may be that Jody is no longer active there.
      >
      > That being said, you could accomplish this manually:
      >
      > Replace all occurrences of ^P1 with ^P^P1
      > return to top
      > Replace all occurrences of ^P2 with ^P^P2
      > return to top
      >
      > do the same for 3 to 0
      >
      > This adds a blank line between each verse. Then do Ctrl-A to select
      > all text, then Ctrl-J to join all lines that are adjacent to each
      > other (without the blank line)
      >
      > If you want to return the text to its original form, replace each
      > ^P^P with ^P.

    • Brother Gabriel-Marie
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2008
        Hello! Thanks, everyone, for being so helpful.

        Actually, Mr. Alec helped me with a whole sequence which worked like a dandy. If anyone would like to see it, just mention it and I will post the code unless you object, Mr. Alec. My thanks to you especially. I learned a lot from your code, and my project is well underway.

        God bless.

        - Brother Gabriel-Marie