Can notepad find/replace the carriage return characters in a file

  • timrneufeld
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2008
      I am unable to copy/paste the carrige return character.

      Is this a bug or is it impossible to do in Notetab Pro 5.5?

      I'm sure I did it before.

      I want to change a file with a list of words each ending in a carriage
      return into a row/linw of words separated by "comma space".

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Regards, Tim
    • Margaret Peloquin
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2008
        It depends upon what is being used as the carriage return character.
        Usually in my files it is the paragraph mark ( ^P) and that can be replaced.

        timrneufeld wrote:

        > I am unable to copy/paste the carrige return character.
        >
        > Is this a bug or is it impossible to do in Notetab Pro 5.5?
        >
        > I'm sure I did it before.
        >
        > I want to change a file with a list of words each ending in a carriage
        > return into a row/linw of words separated by "comma space".
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Regards, Tim

        Margaret Peloquin, Head Librarian / EVC
        Austin Community College
        3401 Webberville Rd, Austin, Texas 78702
        512.223.5117 // Fax: 512.223.5111
        peloquin@... // http://library.austincc.edu

      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2008
          Yes, I replace ^P )r ^P^P etc. with various markup all the time.