Re: [NTB] eml to outline

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2008
      Steve Kalynuik wrote:
      > Its been awhile since I posted anything to this group, so I hope all is well with everyone, I do regret the loss of some very helpful members, you are always in my thoughts for past help, GOD Bless.
      >
      > To my question, I remember a while back using a clipbook to convert a directory full of eml file to a single outline, I did these conversion back in Nov 2002 and I know its not the eMail to Outline library written by Jody as it will only do 1 eml file not a whole directory.
      >
      > Any help would be nice , TIA
      >
      > Steve

      Hi Steve,

      We all miss Jody! You should use the clips list for a clips question
      like this. I don't remember this exchange, but you might try checking
      the clips list archive.

      Don
    • Steve Kalynuik
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2008
        OK I believe I found what I was looking for in Jody Adair's old outline.clb, it has a sub clip in it called File to Outline that will take a directory of eml's or anything and convert it to a outline format file, any way we can make this do subdirectories as well maybe as a outline subheading ie (dir structure below):

        Main Dir
        a.eml
        b.eml
        c.eml
        reciepts (Nested dir)
        from so and so.eml
        from ms for ms word purchase.eml
        from friends (nested dir)
        Can you make dinner.eml
        cannot go to game.eml

        You get the idea, Jody's current program can only do the dir of choice, in the Directory to open selection box.

        Again any help would be nice, TIA (Thanx in Advance)

        Steve

      • Steve Kalynuik