Re: [NTB] More than one NoteTab Std opens

  • Bill Mosca
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 14 5:17 PM
      Glad to help, Britta. If you like the autocorrect, you'll love the
      PasteClips. In fact, that's what I use to sign my posts. I have
      NoteTab open with the PasteClips library as the active one. Double-
      click the Start header. I've added several snippets so all I need to
      do is type 3 or four characters that I used as the clip header,
      highlight them and press Ctrl+C. NoteTab replaces those few
      characters with the snippet.

      Regards,
      Bill Mosca,
      http://www.ThatllDoIT.com
      MS Access MVP
      http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca
      Founder, MS_Access_Professionals
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "cocobolomargarita" <ronlin2@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks very much. I can see how helpful that would be when and if I
      > ever learn more about Clips. They rather flummox me now but I find
      the
      > AutoCorrect so useful and love making my own Clips for shortcuts.
      > ~~Britta
      >
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Mosca" <wrmosca@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Britta
      > >
      > > Just a tip...I use multiple instances of NoteTab so I can keep
      > > PasteClips open for other applications and still use other
      libraries
      > > like AutoCorrect.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Bill Mosca,
      > > http://www.thatlldoit.com
      > > Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
      > > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals/
      > > Microsoft Office Access MVP
      > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca

    • cocobolomargarita
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 20 10:00 AM
        Thank you again. (Here I am a week later.) I have used my own clips
        and immediately decided NoteTab was the best, but at the beginning I
        seem to have had it organized and then later I used the AutoCorrect
        library to put my new clips into, forgetting about the PasteClips.
        (I've just been learning too many new programs.)

        Last night I tried to copy some of the clips I've made from
        AutoCorrect to the PasteClips list and one worked and the others did
        not, so I'll just have all the long clips ready in a new doc and copy
        those as I enter the shortcut names into the PasteClip library.

        Or I might stumble upon how I did it that first time last night.
        I've got a few shortcuts that print out a whole paragraph or two of a
        story I've told over and over and am tired of telling, etc. Or of
        authors' long names and all kinds of things, I adore NoteTab.

        If I could just master programming.(I should say, learn the rudiments,
        but I'm old and the days go by in 5 minutes.)
        Thank you again. Happy Easter everyone.