Re: [NTB] More than one NoteTab Std opens

  • cocobolomargarita
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 13, 2008
      Thanks very much. I can see how helpful that would be when and if I
      ever learn more about Clips. They rather flummox me now but I find the
      AutoCorrect so useful and love making my own Clips for shortcuts.
      ~~Britta

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Mosca" <wrmosca@...> wrote:

      > Britta
      >
      > Just a tip...I use multiple instances of NoteTab so I can keep
      > PasteClips open for other applications and still use other libraries
      > like AutoCorrect.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Bill Mosca,
      > http://www.thatlldoit.com
      > Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
      > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals/
      > Microsoft Office Access MVP
      > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca
    • Bill Mosca
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 14, 2008
        Glad to help, Britta. If you like the autocorrect, you'll love the
        PasteClips. In fact, that's what I use to sign my posts. I have
        NoteTab open with the PasteClips library as the active one. Double-
        click the Start header. I've added several snippets so all I need to
        do is type 3 or four characters that I used as the clip header,
        highlight them and press Ctrl+C. NoteTab replaces those few
        characters with the snippet.

        Regards,
        Bill Mosca,
        http://www.ThatllDoIT.com
        MS Access MVP

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "cocobolomargarita" <ronlin2@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 20, 2008
          Thank you again. (Here I am a week later.) I have used my own clips
          and immediately decided NoteTab was the best, but at the beginning I
          seem to have had it organized and then later I used the AutoCorrect
          library to put my new clips into, forgetting about the PasteClips.
          (I've just been learning too many new programs.)

          Last night I tried to copy some of the clips I've made from
          AutoCorrect to the PasteClips list and one worked and the others did
          not, so I'll just have all the long clips ready in a new doc and copy
          those as I enter the shortcut names into the PasteClip library.

          Or I might stumble upon how I did it that first time last night.
          I've got a few shortcuts that print out a whole paragraph or two of a
          story I've told over and over and am tired of telling, etc. Or of
          authors' long names and all kinds of things, I adore NoteTab.

          If I could just master programming.(I should say, learn the rudiments,
          but I'm old and the days go by in 5 minutes.)
          Thank you again. Happy Easter everyone.