Highlighted HTML tags for non-HTML files

  • Bill Mosca
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2008
      The default file type for my NoteTab Pro is .txt. Occassionally, all I
      want to do is use NoteTab as a scratch pad to edit some snippet of
      HTML.

      Is there a way to turn on the HTML highlighted tags without having to
      first save the file as HTML? Or do I have to create a dummy HTML file
      and open it each time just for the above purpose?

      Regards,
      Bill Mosca,
      http://www.thatlldoit.com
      Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals/
      Microsoft Office Access MVP
      http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca
    • loro
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13, 2008
        Bill Mosca wrote:
        >Is there a way to turn on the HTML highlighted tags without having to
        >first save the file as HTML?

        Yes, you can make NoteTab highlight tags in, for instance, txt files.

        View | Options | HTML Files . Add txt to the box labeled HTML File Extensions.

        Lotta
      • Mike Breiding
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 13, 2008
          loro wrote:

          > Bill Mosca wrote:
          > >Is there a way to turn on the HTML highlighted tags without having to
          > >first save the file as HTML?
          >
          > Yes, you can make NoteTab highlight tags in, for instance, txt files.
          >
          > View | Options | HTML Files . Add txt to the box labeled HTML File
          > Extensions.
          >
          > Lotta

          Or, you can just right-click the tab name and rename it with and .html
          extension.
          -mb
        • GilaMountainDulcimers.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 13, 2008
            Thank you SOOOOO much, Lotta! I often wondered about this. I save a lot of txt files with information for future use on websites and wished I could use the html features within txt files. Great tip!!!

            Hugs,
            Kerry Coates in New Mexico
            http://www.network-marketing-mlm-business.com
            http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com
            http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com
            http://www.GilaMountainDulcimers.com/pekes-family.htm

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 14, 2008
              Very clever, Lotta. Thanks a bunch.

              Bill

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

              > Bill Mosca wrote:
              > >Is there a way to turn on the HTML highlighted tags without having to
              > >first save the file as HTML?
              >
              > Yes, you can make NoteTab highlight tags in, for instance, txt files.
              >
              > View | Options | HTML Files . Add txt to the box labeled HTML File
              Extensions.

              > Lotta

            • Bill Mosca
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 14, 2008
                Another great way to do it. Thanks, Mike.

                Bill