Re: [NTB] More than one NoteTab Std opens

  • cocobolomargarita
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
      Yes, I went to View, and Multiple Instances was checked. Thanks so
      much; I should never have figured that out by myself. I just unchecked
      Multiple Instances, and then opened a text file in Note Tabs and the
      same Note Tab I had open stayed open, no newer one opened, so this
      fixed it.
      How did I ever do without Note Tab? Word takes forever to open and I
      think I've made 600 notes and files in Note Tab in the past six months.
      Thank you again!
      ~~ Britta

      SNIP Today I ended up with three Note Tab Standards open. What is
      happening? Thanks for your help. I am a newbie to the list.
      > > ~~ Britta
      >
      > Britta,>
      > First, click on 'View' menu, halfway down the list is 'Multiple
      > Instances'. Make sure Multiple Instances is unchecked.
      > Also, it's not likely, but possible, you have more than 1 NoteTab
      > installation.
      > ·············································
      > ºvº SL_066 created_2008.03.06_01.11.40
      >
      > Great Truths Children Have Learned:
      > • Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
      > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

    • Bill Mosca
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 13, 2008
        Britta

        Just a tip...I use multiple instances of NoteTab so I can keep
        PasteClips open for other applications and still use other libraries
        like AutoCorrect.

        Regards,
        Bill Mosca,
        http://www.thatlldoit.com
        Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals/
        Microsoft Office Access MVP
        http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "cocobolomargarita" <ronlin2@...>
        wrote:

        > Yes, I went to View, and Multiple Instances was checked. Thanks so
        > much; I should never have figured that out by myself. I just
        unchecked
        > Multiple Instances, and then opened a text file in Note Tabs and
        the
        > same Note Tab I had open stayed open, no newer one opened, so this
        > fixed it.
        > How did I ever do without Note Tab? Word takes forever to open and
        > think I've made 600 notes and files in Note Tab in the past six
        months.
        > Thank you again!
        > ~~ Britta
        >
        > SNIP Today I ended up with three Note Tab Standards open. What is
        > happening? Thanks for your help. I am a newbie to the list.
        > > > ~~ Britta
        > >
        > > Britta,>
        > > First, click on 'View' menu, halfway down the list is 'Multiple
        > > Instances'. Make sure Multiple Instances is unchecked.
        > > Also, it's not likely, but possible, you have more than 1
        NoteTab
        > > installation.
        > > ·············································
        > > ºvº SL_066 created_2008.03.06_01.11.40
        > >
        > > Great Truths Children Have Learned:
        > > • Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
        > > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

      • cocobolomargarita
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 13, 2008
          Thanks very much. I can see how helpful that would be when and if I
          ever learn more about Clips. They rather flummox me now but I find the
          AutoCorrect so useful and love making my own Clips for shortcuts.
          ~~Britta

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 14, 2008
            Glad to help, Britta. If you like the autocorrect, you'll love the
            PasteClips. In fact, that's what I use to sign my posts. I have
            NoteTab open with the PasteClips library as the active one. Double-
            click the Start header. I've added several snippets so all I need to
            do is type 3 or four characters that I used as the clip header,
            highlight them and press Ctrl+C. NoteTab replaces those few
            characters with the snippet.

            Regards,
            Bill Mosca,
            http://www.ThatllDoIT.com
            MS Access MVP

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 20, 2008
              Thank you again. (Here I am a week later.) I have used my own clips
              and immediately decided NoteTab was the best, but at the beginning I
              seem to have had it organized and then later I used the AutoCorrect
              library to put my new clips into, forgetting about the PasteClips.
              (I've just been learning too many new programs.)

              Last night I tried to copy some of the clips I've made from
              AutoCorrect to the PasteClips list and one worked and the others did
              not, so I'll just have all the long clips ready in a new doc and copy
              those as I enter the shortcut names into the PasteClip library.

              Or I might stumble upon how I did it that first time last night.
              I've got a few shortcuts that print out a whole paragraph or two of a
              story I've told over and over and am tired of telling, etc. Or of
              authors' long names and all kinds of things, I adore NoteTab.

              If I could just master programming.(I should say, learn the rudiments,
              but I'm old and the days go by in 5 minutes.)
              Thank you again. Happy Easter everyone.