More than one NoteTab Std opens

  • cocobolomargarita
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
      I've been busy in Note Tab Standard today, I have the latest updates,
      and the other day I began to notice that if I opened a text file, a
      new Note Tab Std. program opened although Note Tab was already open.
      I'd Save As as usual and also save to a specific folder in Favorites:
      e.g. Email, Letters, Household, Computers, Books, etc.
      I just noticed that the second program opening doesn't have some of
      the files I've saved recently nor even half of the Favorites I've made.

      I have backed up new files over the past few days and couldn't find
      them in NoteTabs on the Desktop as I usually did, to be able to Active
      Synch the files to a hand held, Dell Axim 51.

      I can't figure out how to send files directly from the program itself
      to the device. (From Note Tab Standard when it's open to the hand held.)

      Today I ended up with three Note Tab Standards open. What is
      happening? Thanks for your help. I am a newbie to the list.
      ~~ Britta
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
        cocobolomargarita wrote:
        > I've been busy in Note Tab Standard today, I have the latest updates,
        > and the other day I began to notice that if I opened a text file, a
        > new Note Tab Std. program opened although Note Tab was already open.
        > I'd Save As as usual and also save to a specific folder in Favorites:
        > e.g. Email, Letters, Household, Computers, Books, etc.
        > I just noticed that the second program opening doesn't have some of
        > the files I've saved recently nor even half of the Favorites I've made.
        >
        > I have backed up new files over the past few days and couldn't find
        > them in NoteTabs on the Desktop as I usually did, to be able to Active
        > Synch the files to a hand held, Dell Axim 51.
        >
        > I can't figure out how to send files directly from the program itself
        > to the device. (From Note Tab Standard when it's open to the hand held.)
        >
        > Today I ended up with three Note Tab Standards open. What is
        > happening? Thanks for your help. I am a newbie to the list.
        > ~~ Britta

        Britta,

        First, click on 'View' menu, halfway down the list is 'Multiple
        Instances'. Make sure Multiple Instances is unchecked.

        Also, it's not likely, but possible, you have more than 1 NoteTab
        installation.

        ºvº SL_066 created_2008.03.06_01.11.40

        Great Truths Children Have Learned:
        • Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
      • cocobolomargarita
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 6, 2008
          Yes, I went to View, and Multiple Instances was checked. Thanks so
          much; I should never have figured that out by myself. I just unchecked
          Multiple Instances, and then opened a text file in Note Tabs and the
          same Note Tab I had open stayed open, no newer one opened, so this
          fixed it.
          How did I ever do without Note Tab? Word takes forever to open and I
          think I've made 600 notes and files in Note Tab in the past six months.
          Thank you again!
          ~~ Britta

          SNIP Today I ended up with three Note Tab Standards open. What is
          happening? Thanks for your help. I am a newbie to the list.
          > > ~~ Britta
          >
          > Britta,>
          > First, click on 'View' menu, halfway down the list is 'Multiple
          > Instances'. Make sure Multiple Instances is unchecked.
          > Also, it's not likely, but possible, you have more than 1 NoteTab
          > installation.
          > ·············································
          > ºvº SL_066 created_2008.03.06_01.11.40
          >
          > Great Truths Children Have Learned:
          > • Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
          > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

        • Bill Mosca
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 13, 2008
            Britta

            Just a tip...I use multiple instances of NoteTab so I can keep
            PasteClips open for other applications and still use other libraries
            like AutoCorrect.

            Regards,
            Bill Mosca,
            http://www.thatlldoit.com
            Founder - MS_Access_Professionals
            http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals/
            Microsoft Office Access MVP
            http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Bill.Mosca

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "cocobolomargarita" <ronlin2@...>
            wrote:

            > Yes, I went to View, and Multiple Instances was checked. Thanks so
            > much; I should never have figured that out by myself. I just
            unchecked
            > Multiple Instances, and then opened a text file in Note Tabs and
            the
            > same Note Tab I had open stayed open, no newer one opened, so this
            > fixed it.
            > How did I ever do without Note Tab? Word takes forever to open and
            > think I've made 600 notes and files in Note Tab in the past six
            months.
            > Thank you again!
            > ~~ Britta
            >
            > SNIP Today I ended up with three Note Tab Standards open. What is
            > happening? Thanks for your help. I am a newbie to the list.
            > > > ~~ Britta
            > >
            > > Britta,>
            > > First, click on 'View' menu, halfway down the list is 'Multiple
            > > Instances'. Make sure Multiple Instances is unchecked.
            > > Also, it's not likely, but possible, you have more than 1
            NoteTab
            > > installation.
            > > ·············································
            > > ºvº SL_066 created_2008.03.06_01.11.40
            > >
            > > Great Truths Children Have Learned:
            > > • Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
            > > € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com

          • cocobolomargarita
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 13, 2008
              Thanks very much. I can see how helpful that would be when and if I
              ever learn more about Clips. They rather flummox me now but I find the
              AutoCorrect so useful and love making my own Clips for shortcuts.
              ~~Britta

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 14, 2008
                Glad to help, Britta. If you like the autocorrect, you'll love the
                PasteClips. In fact, that's what I use to sign my posts. I have
                NoteTab open with the PasteClips library as the active one. Double-
                click the Start header. I've added several snippets so all I need to
                do is type 3 or four characters that I used as the clip header,
                highlight them and press Ctrl+C. NoteTab replaces those few
                characters with the snippet.

                Regards,
                Bill Mosca,
                http://www.ThatllDoIT.com
                MS Access MVP

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 20, 2008
                  Thank you again. (Here I am a week later.) I have used my own clips
                  and immediately decided NoteTab was the best, but at the beginning I
                  seem to have had it organized and then later I used the AutoCorrect
                  library to put my new clips into, forgetting about the PasteClips.
                  (I've just been learning too many new programs.)

                  Last night I tried to copy some of the clips I've made from
                  AutoCorrect to the PasteClips list and one worked and the others did
                  not, so I'll just have all the long clips ready in a new doc and copy
                  those as I enter the shortcut names into the PasteClip library.

                  Or I might stumble upon how I did it that first time last night.
                  I've got a few shortcuts that print out a whole paragraph or two of a
                  story I've told over and over and am tired of telling, etc. Or of
                  authors' long names and all kinds of things, I adore NoteTab.

                  If I could just master programming.(I should say, learn the rudiments,
                  but I'm old and the days go by in 5 minutes.)
                  Thank you again. Happy Easter everyone.