Re: [NTB] Backup PasteClips

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 26, 2008
      Jamie wrote:
      > Hi Group,
      >
      > How can I back up the PasteClips? I've created a list of PasteClips I
      > often use and would like to save them to a separate location.
      >

      > Thanks,
      >
      > Jamie

      If I understand your question, they are stored in a clipbook file
      (somethingorother.clb) in the Libraries folder where Notetab is
      installed -- something like "c:\Program Files\NoteTabPro 5\Libraries"

      Just copy the appropriate .clb library file -- or the entire Libraries
      folder -- to the chosen backup spot. In fact I use a simple clip to do
      this with a single click.
    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 26, 2008
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie" <jamiestj@...> wrote:

        > Hi Group,
        >
        > How can I back up the PasteClips? I've created a list of PasteClips I
        > often use and would like to save them to a separate location.

        All kinds of ways to do this, depending on your needs.

        I use a batchfile to start NoteTab, and when NoteTab shuts down,
        the batchfile backs up any CHANGED files in the NoteTab folders.

        Something like

        ----->8-----
        set DESTINATION=(path where you want the backup files to go)
        start /WAIT Y:\NTP\NotePro.exe /USER=Y:\NTP
        echo.
        echo NoteTab Back-up in progress . . .
        echo.
        rem long line
        xcopy "%SystemDrive%\PROGRA~1\NoteTab5\*.*" "%DESTINATION%" /D /S /E
        /H /R /K /Y
        rem end long line
        ----->8-----

        Save the above code in a file named "StartNoteTab.bat"
        create a shortcut to it (right click on the file in explorer,
        "Send to Desktop", will place a shortcut on the desktop),
        change icons to a Notetab Icon (select properties on the shortcut,
        click "change icon", browse to NoteTab executable, select it and use
        one of the available icons). Where exactly you keep the batchfile is
        up to you (I have a "batchfile" folder in ProgramFiles). So is where
        you back up to. It could be a USB drive, another hard disk, or another
        folder on the boot drive (in descending order of usefulness).

        Each time you exit NoteTab, you will automatically copy every file in
        the NoteTab folder, that has changed (is newer than the backup files)
        to your selected backup path.

        Cheers,

        Eb
      • buralex@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2008
          Just in case ... the .CLB files Don is referring to may be located in
          your AppData folder instead of your ProgFiles folder depending on how
          you installed Notetab ...

          ie. (by default) one or the other of:

          1. C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\Libraries
          2. C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\NoteTab
          Pro\Libraries

          Don Daugherty <ddaugherty@...> said on Feb 26, 2008 17:57
          -0500 (in part):
          > Jamie wrote:
          >
          >> Hi Group,
          >>
          >> How can I back up the PasteClips? I've created a list of PasteClips I
          >> often use and would like to save them to a separate location.
          >>
          > If I understand your question, they are stored in a clipbook file
          > (somethingorother.clb) in the Libraries folder where Notetab is
          > installed -- something like "c:\Program Files\NoteTabPro 5\Libraries"
          >
          > Just copy the appropriate .clb library file -- or the entire Libraries
          > folder -- to the chosen backup spot. In fact I use a simple clip to do
          > this with a single click.
          Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27, 2008
            buralex@... wrote:
            > Just in case ... the .CLB files Don is referring to may be located in
            > your AppData folder instead of your ProgFiles folder depending on how
            > you installed Notetab ...
            >
            > ie. (by default) one or the other of:
            >
            > 1. C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro 5\Libraries
            > 2. C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\NoteTab
            > Pro\Libraries

            Hi,

            Vista has a different default (unsure what it is, don't have Vista but
            have used NoteTab on it a few times).

            Easiest way to back up a library is to load the library in in the
            clipbook panel, then right click at the top and select "Open as
            Document". Then use Save As to save it to a different location.

            Regards,
            Sheri