Re: [NTB] Error messages a"Current operation will exceed the maximum paragraph size" when running Tidy

  • WV-Mike
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 24, 2008
      Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:
      > Interviewed by CNN on 24/1/2008 10:32, WV-Mike told the world:
      > HTML syntax highlighting is one of the extra features in the Pro
      > version. The Lite version does not have it, either in the 4.x version or
      > in the 5.x.

      4.5 Pro has it, so I will stick with that.

      > The reason it didn't import your old settings is that Notetab 5 is a
      > significant overhaul of the innards of the program. One of the big
      > changes is that it now supports multiuser environments correctly...<SNIP>

      Thanks for the info on this.
      > Another big change in NT5 is the new regular expressions engine. The new
      > one is vastly superior to the old one: it's way faster, has more
      > features, doesn't choke when there's a lot of replacements to do...

      I can honestly say I probably only use a small fraction of the tools
      available in *any* software I use. That includes NT 4.5. So, to upgrade
      to 5.5 would be pointless to me.

      > Sometimes, a company will release a new version of a product that adds
      > useless new "features" while losing sight of whatever made the program
      > great in the first place. So far, that HASN'T been the case with
      > Notetab: every new major release I saw offered improvements, but the
      > features that brought me to it originally are still there.

      I hear ya! NT "works as advertised" and is the reason it has such a
      loyal fallowing. But - you knew that. ;)

      Thanks,
      -Mike
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 24, 2008
        > Thanks for the info on this.
        >> Another big change in NT5 is the new regular expressions engine. The new
        >> one is vastly superior to the old one: it's way faster, has more
        >> features, doesn't choke when there's a lot of replacements to do...
        >
        > I can honestly say I probably only use a small fraction of the tools
        > available in *any* software I use. That includes NT 4.5. So, to upgrade
        > to 5.5 would be pointless to me.

        It really is worth upgrading. Several reasons: the people helping you
        on here have 5.x and so they will more and more be using the additional
        features like regex to solve problems. Plus you will like the power of
        regex once you unleash it.

        Also, the program is fairly inexpensive for the value most of us get out
        of it, so supporting the author when he does do a major update rewards
        him and keeps him motivated to continue improvements.

        While html syntax highlighting is present, other languages are not. I
        think this is by far the greatest shortcoming of the program. Sheri did
        however right a nice language syntax highlighting bit. It does however
        take a little work to install, but works very very well.

        Last, the paragraph size limitation is apparently removed due to the new
        control structure on the version 5.x.
      • Sheri
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 24, 2008
          WV-Mike wrote:
          > Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:
          >
          >> Interviewed by CNN on 24/1/2008 10:32, WV-Mike told the world:
          >> HTML syntax highlighting is one of the extra features in the Pro
          >> version. The Lite version does not have it, either in the 4.x version or
          >> in the 5.x.
          >>

          > 4.5 Pro has it, so I will stick with that.
          >

          >> The reason it didn't import your old settings is that Notetab 5 is a
          >> significant overhaul of the innards of the program. One of the big
          >> changes is that it now supports multiuser environments correctly...<SNIP>
          >>

          > Thanks for the info on this.
          >
          >> Another big change in NT5 is the new regular expressions engine. The new
          >> one is vastly superior to the old one: it's way faster, has more
          >> features, doesn't choke when there's a lot of replacements to do...
          >>

          > I can honestly say I probably only use a small fraction of the tools
          > available in *any* software I use. That includes NT 4.5. So, to upgrade
          > to 5.5 would be pointless to me.
          >

          >> Sometimes, a company will release a new version of a product that adds
          >> useless new "features" while losing sight of whatever made the program
          >> great in the first place. So far, that HASN'T been the case with
          >> Notetab: every new major release I saw offered improvements, but the
          >> features that brought me to it originally are still there.
          >>

          > I hear ya! NT "works as advertised" and is the reason it has such a
          > loyal fallowing. But - you knew that. ;)
          >
          > Thanks,
          > -Mike

          I find it convenient to keep both Light and Pro on my system.

          You can get NoteTab Light to use the same Libraries as your 4.95 Pro by
          starting it with a shortcut that includes

          /USER="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro"

          on the command line. Some clips in those libraries may not work properly
          in the newer version.

          Light will use a different ini than Pro and it is probably for the best
          to start fresh with special settings. However, if you're feel
          adventuresome you could copy notepro.ini to notetab.ini (both in the old
          pro directory) and try it. However doing so might reinstate paragraph
          size restrictions (no idea, however I believe the paragraph restriction
          only ever applied in Pro, not Light or Standard).

          Regards,
          Sheri
        • WV-Mike
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 24, 2008
            Thanks Don and Sheri.
            For now I will stick with 4.5.

            -Mike
          • Mike Breiding
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 8, 2008
              Greetings,
              I thought there was a tool to strip the anchors/links from a doc, but I
              cannot find it.
              http://www.google.com/

              Before: <a href="http://www.xxx.xxx/">Link-Name</a>
              After: Link-Name

              Is there such a tool?

              Thanks,
              -Mike
            • Don Daugherty
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 14, 2008
                Mike Breiding wrote:
                > Greetings,
                > I thought there was a tool to strip the anchors/links from a doc, but I
                > cannot find it.
                > http://www.google.com/
                >
                > Before: <a href="http://www.xxx.xxx/">Link-Name</a>
                > After: Link-Name
                >
                > Is there such a tool?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > -Mike

                Does the Notetab operation Modify/Strip Html Tags/Remove All Tags do too
                much? If so the people on the Clips list can undoubtedly help you write
                a Clip to do the job.
              • Mike Breiding
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 14, 2008
                  Don Daugherty wrote:

                  > Does the Notetab operation Modify/Strip Html Tags/Remove All Tags do too
                  > much? If so the people on the Clips list can undoubtedly help you write
                  > a Clip to do the job.

                  Hi Don,
                  Clipster Axel sent me a one liner that works fine.
                  Thanks,
                  -Mike
                • Jim
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 15, 2008
                    Under the 'Modify' menu- select 'strip HTML tags' and pick an option.

                    Running Notetab Light 5.7b.

                    Happy NoteTabbing, Jim
                    --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding <mike@...> wrote:

                    > Greetings,
                    > I thought there was a tool to strip the anchors/links from a doc, but I
                    > cannot find it.
                    > http://www.google.com/
                    >
                    > Before: <a href="http://www.xxx.xxx/">Link-Name</a>
                    > After: Link-Name
                    >
                    > Is there such a tool?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > -Mike

                  • Mike Breiding
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 15, 2008
                      Hi Jim,
                      I needed to strip *only* internal links.
                      Axel sent this clip:

                      ^!Replace "<a href=".+?>(.+?)</a>" >> "$1" WRAS

                      -Mike