Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Error messages a"Current operation will exceed the maximum paragraph size" when running Tidy

Expand Messages
  • WV-Mike
    Greetings, Using NoteTab 4.95 with this file: http://epicroadtrips.us/dad/journal/ I get an error message saying Current operation will exceed the maximum
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 23, 2008
    • 0 Attachment
      Greetings,
      Using NoteTab 4.95 with this file: http://epicroadtrips.us/dad/journal/
      I get an error message saying "Current operation will exceed the maximum
      paragraph size" when running Tidy. It also truncates the file.

      I have all the values set at the allowed limits in the "Advance" settings.

      Any solution for this?

      Thanks,
      -Mike
    • Sheri
      ... You wouldn t have that problem with 5.5. No guarantees but you might try converting it to DOS/Windows format and saving it before running Tidy. In Document
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 23, 2008
      • 0 Attachment
        WV-Mike wrote:
        > Greetings,
        > Using NoteTab 4.95 with this file: http://epicroadtrips.us/dad/journal/
        > I get an error message saying "Current operation will exceed the maximum
        > paragraph size" when running Tidy. It also truncates the file.
        >
        > I have all the values set at the allowed limits in the "Advance" settings.
        >
        > Any solution for this?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > -Mike
        >
        >
        >
        You wouldn't have that problem with 5.5.

        No guarantees but you might try converting it to DOS/Windows format and
        saving it before running Tidy.

        In Document Properties change the Save As Format DOS/Windows. Then make
        some small change in the document so you can save it, or else use Save
        As to save to a new name.

        Then use Tidy.

        If that doesn't work, try 5.5.

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • WV-Mike
        ... Ho Sherry, Tried the Save As Format DOS/Windows. Same problem. I am going to try some other ideas before I upgrade to 5.5 to overcome a bug in 4.5. Thanks!
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 23, 2008
        • 0 Attachment
          Sheri wrote:
          > WV-Mike wrote:
          >> Greetings,
          >> Using NoteTab 4.95 with this file: http://epicroadtrips.us/dad/journal/
          >> I get an error message saying "Current operation will exceed the maximum
          >> paragraph size" when running Tidy. It also truncates the file.
          >>>> I have all the values set at the allowed limits in the "Advance" settings.
          >>>> Any solution for this?
          >>>> Thanks,>> -Mike
          >>
          > You wouldn't have that problem with 5.5.
          >
          > No guarantees but you might try converting it to DOS/Windows format and
          > saving it before running Tidy.
          >
          > In Document Properties change the Save As Format DOS/Windows. Then make
          > some small change in the document so you can save it, or else use Save
          > As to save to a new name.
          >
          > Then use Tidy.
          > If that doesn't work, try 5.5.

          Ho Sherry,
          Tried the Save As Format DOS/Windows. Same problem.
          I am going to try some other ideas before I upgrade to 5.5 to overcome a
          bug in 4.5.

          Thanks!
          -Mike
        • Sheri
          ... There may be options set in Tidy that replace the linebreaks again. You could try NoteTab Light 5.5. Regards, Sheri
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 23, 2008
          • 0 Attachment
            WV-Mike wrote:
            > Sheri wrote:
            >
            >> WV-Mike wrote:
            >>
            >>> Greetings,
            >>> Using NoteTab 4.95 with this file: http://epicroadtrips.us/dad/journal/
            >>> I get an error message saying "Current operation will exceed the maximum
            >>> paragraph size" when running Tidy. It also truncates the file.
            >>>
            >>>>> I have all the values set at the allowed limits in the "Advance" settings.
            >>>>> Any solution for this?
            >>>>> Thanks,>> -Mike
            >>>>>
            >>>
            >>>
            >> You wouldn't have that problem with 5.5.
            >>
            >> No guarantees but you might try converting it to DOS/Windows format and
            >> saving it before running Tidy.
            >>
            >> In Document Properties change the Save As Format DOS/Windows. Then make
            >> some small change in the document so you can save it, or else use Save
            >> As to save to a new name.
            >>
            >> Then use Tidy.
            >> If that doesn't work, try 5.5.
            >>
            >
            > Ho Sherry,
            > Tried the Save As Format DOS/Windows. Same problem.
            > I am going to try some other ideas before I upgrade to 5.5 to overcome a
            > bug in 4.5.
            >
            >
            >
            There may be options set in Tidy that replace the linebreaks again.

            You could try NoteTab Light 5.5.

            Regards,
            Sheri
          • WV-Mike
            ... Installed NoteTab Light 5.5. I don t understand why it did not import the .ini file, clips, clipbar, etc. I saw no option for this so it did the default
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 24, 2008
            • 0 Attachment
              Sheri wrote:
              >> Ho Sherry,
              >> Tried the Save As Format DOS/Windows. Same problem.I am going to try some other ideas before I upgrade to 5.5 to overcome a bug in 4.5.There may be options set in Tidy that replace the linebreaks again.
              >>

              >> You could try NoteTab Light 5.5. Regards, Sheri

              Installed NoteTab Light 5.5.
              I don't understand why it did not import the .ini file, clips, clipbar, etc.
              I saw no option for this so it did the default install. No syntax high
              lighting either, but I could have missed how to turn it on.
              Also, I have an irrational aversion to making software upgrades - of any
              kind. Especially if it just to kill a bug.

              I think I will just use validator in FireFox for the occasional file
              that make NT 4.5 puke when Tidy is run.

              Thanks for the help and ideas.
              -Mike
            • Marcelo de Castro Bastos
              ... HTML syntax highlighting is one of the extra features in the Pro version. The Lite version does not have it, either in the 4.x version or in the 5.x. The
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 24, 2008
              • 0 Attachment
                Interviewed by CNN on 24/1/2008 10:32, WV-Mike told the world:
                >
                > Installed NoteTab Light 5.5.
                > I don't understand why it did not import the .ini file, clips, clipbar, etc.
                > I saw no option for this so it did the default install. No syntax high
                > lighting either, but I could have missed how to turn it on.
                >
                HTML syntax highlighting is one of the extra features in the Pro
                version. The Lite version does not have it, either in the 4.x version or
                in the 5.x.

                The reason it didn't import your old settings is that Notetab 5 is a
                significant overhaul of the innards of the program. One of the big
                changes is that it now supports multiuser environments correctly. This
                means that settings and such are no longer stored in the Notetab folder
                itself, but in an auxiliary folder under the user profile -- so those
                files have to be moved. Yeah, the lack of a migration tool is a bother
                -- but it's a one-time thing.

                Another big change in NT5 is the new regular expressions engine. The new
                one is vastly superior to the old one: it's way faster, has more
                features, doesn't choke when there's a lot of replacements to do...

                Sometimes, a company will release a new version of a product that adds
                useless new "features" while losing sight of whatever made the program
                great in the first place. So far, that HASN'T been the case with
                Notetab: every new major release I saw offered improvements, but the
                features that brought me to it originally are still there.

                Marcelo

                -=-=-
                I look better on a woman!
                * TagZilla 0.066 on Seamonkey 1.1.7
              • WV-Mike
                ... 4.5 Pro has it, so I will stick with that. ... Thanks for the info on this. ... I can honestly say I probably only use a small fraction of the tools
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 24, 2008
                • 0 Attachment
                  Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:
                  > Interviewed by CNN on 24/1/2008 10:32, WV-Mike told the world:
                  > HTML syntax highlighting is one of the extra features in the Pro
                  > version. The Lite version does not have it, either in the 4.x version or
                  > in the 5.x.

                  4.5 Pro has it, so I will stick with that.

                  > The reason it didn't import your old settings is that Notetab 5 is a
                  > significant overhaul of the innards of the program. One of the big
                  > changes is that it now supports multiuser environments correctly...<SNIP>

                  Thanks for the info on this.
                  > Another big change in NT5 is the new regular expressions engine. The new
                  > one is vastly superior to the old one: it's way faster, has more
                  > features, doesn't choke when there's a lot of replacements to do...

                  I can honestly say I probably only use a small fraction of the tools
                  available in *any* software I use. That includes NT 4.5. So, to upgrade
                  to 5.5 would be pointless to me.

                  > Sometimes, a company will release a new version of a product that adds
                  > useless new "features" while losing sight of whatever made the program
                  > great in the first place. So far, that HASN'T been the case with
                  > Notetab: every new major release I saw offered improvements, but the
                  > features that brought me to it originally are still there.

                  I hear ya! NT "works as advertised" and is the reason it has such a
                  loyal fallowing. But - you knew that. ;)

                  Thanks,
                  -Mike
                • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                  ... It really is worth upgrading. Several reasons: the people helping you on here have 5.x and so they will more and more be using the additional features
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 24, 2008
                  • 0 Attachment
                    > Thanks for the info on this.
                    >> Another big change in NT5 is the new regular expressions engine. The new
                    >> one is vastly superior to the old one: it's way faster, has more
                    >> features, doesn't choke when there's a lot of replacements to do...
                    >
                    > I can honestly say I probably only use a small fraction of the tools
                    > available in *any* software I use. That includes NT 4.5. So, to upgrade
                    > to 5.5 would be pointless to me.
                    >

                    It really is worth upgrading. Several reasons: the people helping you
                    on here have 5.x and so they will more and more be using the additional
                    features like regex to solve problems. Plus you will like the power of
                    regex once you unleash it.

                    Also, the program is fairly inexpensive for the value most of us get out
                    of it, so supporting the author when he does do a major update rewards
                    him and keeps him motivated to continue improvements.

                    While html syntax highlighting is present, other languages are not. I
                    think this is by far the greatest shortcoming of the program. Sheri did
                    however right a nice language syntax highlighting bit. It does however
                    take a little work to install, but works very very well.

                    Last, the paragraph size limitation is apparently removed due to the new
                    control structure on the version 5.x.
                  • Sheri
                    ... I find it convenient to keep both Light and Pro on my system. You can get NoteTab Light to use the same Libraries as your 4.95 Pro by starting it with a
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 24, 2008
                    • 0 Attachment
                      WV-Mike wrote:
                      > Marcelo de Castro Bastos wrote:
                      >
                      >> Interviewed by CNN on 24/1/2008 10:32, WV-Mike told the world:
                      >> HTML syntax highlighting is one of the extra features in the Pro
                      >> version. The Lite version does not have it, either in the 4.x version or
                      >> in the 5.x.
                      >>
                      >
                      > 4.5 Pro has it, so I will stick with that.
                      >
                      >
                      >> The reason it didn't import your old settings is that Notetab 5 is a
                      >> significant overhaul of the innards of the program. One of the big
                      >> changes is that it now supports multiuser environments correctly...<SNIP>
                      >>
                      >
                      > Thanks for the info on this.
                      >
                      >> Another big change in NT5 is the new regular expressions engine. The new
                      >> one is vastly superior to the old one: it's way faster, has more
                      >> features, doesn't choke when there's a lot of replacements to do...
                      >>
                      >
                      > I can honestly say I probably only use a small fraction of the tools
                      > available in *any* software I use. That includes NT 4.5. So, to upgrade
                      > to 5.5 would be pointless to me.
                      >
                      >
                      >> Sometimes, a company will release a new version of a product that adds
                      >> useless new "features" while losing sight of whatever made the program
                      >> great in the first place. So far, that HASN'T been the case with
                      >> Notetab: every new major release I saw offered improvements, but the
                      >> features that brought me to it originally are still there.
                      >>
                      >
                      > I hear ya! NT "works as advertised" and is the reason it has such a
                      > loyal fallowing. But - you knew that. ;)
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > -Mike
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      I find it convenient to keep both Light and Pro on my system.

                      You can get NoteTab Light to use the same Libraries as your 4.95 Pro by
                      starting it with a shortcut that includes

                      /USER="C:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro"

                      on the command line. Some clips in those libraries may not work properly
                      in the newer version.

                      Light will use a different ini than Pro and it is probably for the best
                      to start fresh with special settings. However, if you're feel
                      adventuresome you could copy notepro.ini to notetab.ini (both in the old
                      pro directory) and try it. However doing so might reinstate paragraph
                      size restrictions (no idea, however I believe the paragraph restriction
                      only ever applied in Pro, not Light or Standard).

                      Regards,
                      Sheri
                    • WV-Mike
                      Thanks Don and Sheri. For now I will stick with 4.5. -Mike
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 24, 2008
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Thanks Don and Sheri.
                        For now I will stick with 4.5.

                        -Mike
                      • Mike Breiding
                        Greetings, I thought there was a tool to strip the anchors/links from a doc, but I cannot find it. http://www.google.com/ Before:
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 8, 2008
                        • 0 Attachment
                          Greetings,
                          I thought there was a tool to strip the anchors/links from a doc, but I
                          cannot find it.
                          http://www.google.com/

                          Before: <a href="http://www.xxx.xxx/">Link-Name</a>
                          After: Link-Name

                          Is there such a tool?

                          Thanks,
                          -Mike
                        • Don Daugherty
                          ... Does the Notetab operation Modify/Strip Html Tags/Remove All Tags do too much? If so the people on the Clips list can undoubtedly help you write a Clip to
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 14, 2008
                          • 0 Attachment
                            Mike Breiding wrote:
                            > Greetings,
                            > I thought there was a tool to strip the anchors/links from a doc, but I
                            > cannot find it.
                            > http://www.google.com/
                            >
                            > Before: <a href="http://www.xxx.xxx/">Link-Name</a>
                            > After: Link-Name
                            >
                            > Is there such a tool?
                            >
                            > Thanks,
                            > -Mike
                            >
                            Does the Notetab operation Modify/Strip Html Tags/Remove All Tags do too
                            much? If so the people on the Clips list can undoubtedly help you write
                            a Clip to do the job.
                          • Mike Breiding
                            ... Hi Don, Clipster Axel sent me a one liner that works fine. Thanks, -Mike
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 14, 2008
                            • 0 Attachment
                              Don Daugherty wrote:
                              >
                              > Does the Notetab operation Modify/Strip Html Tags/Remove All Tags do too
                              > much? If so the people on the Clips list can undoubtedly help you write
                              > a Clip to do the job.
                              >
                              Hi Don,
                              Clipster Axel sent me a one liner that works fine.
                              Thanks,
                              -Mike
                            • Jim
                              Under the Modify menu- select strip HTML tags and pick an option. Running Notetab Light 5.7b. Happy NoteTabbing, Jim
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 15, 2008
                              • 0 Attachment
                                Under the 'Modify' menu- select 'strip HTML tags' and pick an option.

                                Running Notetab Light 5.7b.

                                Happy NoteTabbing, Jim
                                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding <mike@...> wrote:
                                >
                                >
                                > Greetings,
                                > I thought there was a tool to strip the anchors/links from a doc, but I
                                > cannot find it.
                                > http://www.google.com/
                                >
                                > Before: <a href="http://www.xxx.xxx/">Link-Name</a>
                                > After: Link-Name
                                >
                                > Is there such a tool?
                                >
                                > Thanks,
                                > -Mike
                                >
                              • Mike Breiding
                                Hi Jim, I needed to strip *only* internal links. Axel sent this clip: ^!Replace $1 WRAS -Mike =============
                                Message 15 of 15 , Aug 15, 2008
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  Hi Jim,
                                  I needed to strip *only* internal links.
                                  Axel sent this clip:

                                  ^!Replace "<a href=".+?>(.+?)</a>" >> "$1" WRAS

                                  -Mike
                                  =============
                                  Jim wrote:
                                  >
                                  > Under the 'Modify' menu- select 'strip HTML tags' and pick an option.
                                  >
                                  > Running Notetab Light 5.7b.
                                  >
                                  > Happy NoteTabbing, Jim
                                  > --- In notetab@yahoogroups .com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                  > Mike Breiding <mike@...> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > >
                                  > > Greetings,
                                  > > I thought there was a tool to strip the anchors/links from a doc, but I
                                  > > cannot find it.
                                  > > http://www.google com/ <http://www.google.com/>
                                  > >
                                  > > Before: <a href="http://www.xxx xxx/
                                  > <http://www.xxx.xxx/>">Link-Name< /a>
                                  > > After: Link-Name
                                  > >
                                  > > Is there such a tool?
                                  > >
                                  > > Thanks,
                                  > > -Mike
                                  > >
                                  >
                                  >
                                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.