Please, why doesn't this match ?!?!?

  • janderri
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 23, 2008
      Hi,

      I have a script like this :

      ^!Replace "^Ak(\s)" >> "Ik$1" ATWS
      ^!Replace "^-Ak(\s)" >> "-Ik$1" ATWS

      .... I expected it to replace all instances of "Ak" and "-Ak" and the beginning of the line
      with "Ik" or "-Ik"...

      unfortunatelly the replace commandss aren't working ?!?

      Lines starting with Ak or -Ak don't get replaced ?!

      Please what am I doing wrong ? Thanks.
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 23, 2008
        janderri wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have a script like this :
        >
        > ^!Replace "^Ak(\s)" >> "Ik$1" ATWS
        > ^!Replace "^-Ak(\s)" >> "-Ik$1" ATWS
        >

        > .... I expected it to replace all instances of "Ak" and "-Ak" and the beginning of the line
        > with "Ik" or "-Ik"...
        >
        > unfortunatelly the replace commandss aren't working ?!?
        >
        > Lines starting with Ak or -Ak don't get replaced ?!
        >
        > Please what am I doing wrong ? Thanks.

        You need an "R" in your options for regular expressions. "T" btw has no
        effect when "R" is used.

        Please address any followup or other clip questions to the clips list.

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • Bruce Meyers

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2008
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

            > janderri wrote:
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > I have a script like this :
            > >
            > > ^!Replace "^Ak(\s)" >> "Ik$1" ATWS
            > > ^!Replace "^-Ak(\s)" >> "-Ik$1" ATWS
            > >

            > > .... I expected it to replace all instances of "Ak" and "-Ak" and the beginning of the line
            > > with "Ik" or "-Ik"...
            > >
            > > unfortunatelly the replace commandss aren't working ?!?
            > >
            > > Lines starting with Ak or -Ak don't get replaced ?!
            > >
            > > Please what am I doing wrong ? Thanks.
            > >

            > You need an "R" in your options for regular expressions. "T" btw has no
            > effect when "R" is used.
            >
            > Please address any followup or other clip questions to the clips list.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Sheri

            Tried it with R option included, still doesn't work.