Re: [NTB] NoNameFormat

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 15, 2008
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:

      > Well, I was hoping to just have a .txt file extension with the cursor
      > ready to type a file name in the correct place. Having to highlight the
      > auto-generated file name before starting to type is a bit of an
      > annoyance. Too bad that NoteTab doesn't automatically highlight the
      > file name for easier replacement.
      >
      > Thanks for the input, guys.

      Sis,

      The solution to what you want is to run a clip, rather than use the
      new-doc function, when you create a new document.

      The clip would / could do exactly what you want.
      1. Create a new document,
      2. prompt you for a name,
      3. immediately save it under that name.

      From then on you have the doc available under the name you want.

      For specific clip help you'll have to go to the clip-list, and post
      your request. There are probably several clips out there already,
      that will do this.

      Cheers,

      Eb