Modify/Block vanish from my menu

  • Clueless in Seattle
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2008
      I'm running an older release of NTP (4.95).

      A few days ago I wanted to select a column of text and so click on the
      Modify menu, but the Block commands were not there.

      Is my memory failing me? Did I look on the right menu?

      Will in Seattle
      a.k.a. "Clueless"
    • Corl DeLuna
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 14, 2008
        Hi Will,

        I have NTP 5.3, and that sounds right to me: Modify > Block: Cut, Copy,
        Paste, Delete, Sum.

        Best,
        Corl

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 14, 2008
          Clueless in Seattle wrote:
          > I'm running an older release of NTP (4.95).
          >
          > A few days ago I wanted to select a column of text and so click on the
          > Modify menu, but the Block commands were not there.
          >
          > Is my memory failing me? Did I look on the right menu?
          >
          > Will in Seattle
          > a.k.a. "Clueless"

          Will,

          Try right-click over the document itself for the Block menu choices.

          ºvº SL-01-111 -created- 2008.01.14 - 18.52.02

          Newspaper HeadLine...
          "If Strike isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last a While"
          ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
        • Clueless in Seattle
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 14, 2008
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@...> wrote:

            > Try right-click over the document itself for the Block menu choices.

            Thanks for that suggestion.

            But all I get when I right click are these choices:

            Close Document
            Undo
            Redo
            Cut
            Copy
            Paste
            Select All
            Copy All
            Copy to Clipbook
            Add Favorites
            Open Link

            I used to have that Block menu, but it's just vanished!

            Isn't that weird?

            Is there a setting somewhere I could try changing?
          • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 14, 2008
              > I used to have that Block menu, but it's just vanished!

              I have it in 4.95 pro for sure. It is under modify/block.
            • Eric Fookes
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
                Hi Will,

                > I'm running an older release of NTP (4.95).
                >
                > A few days ago I wanted to select a column of text and so click on the
                > Modify menu, but the Block commands were not there.

                Sounds as if you may have unchecked the "Show Advanced Features" setting
                in the Options dialog box.

                Eric Fookes
                http://www.fookes.com/
              • ebbtidalflats
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008

                  > Hi Will,
                  >
                  > > I'm running an older release of NTP (4.95).
                  > >
                  > > A few days ago I wanted to select a column of text and so click on the
                  > > Modify menu, but the Block commands were not there.
                  >
                  > Sounds as if you may have unchecked the "Show Advanced Features"
                  setting
                  > in the Options dialog box.

                  Hi Eric,

                  So THAT's what that option is for ;)