openoffice.org

  • syntheticgin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 9, 2008
      Can anyone tell me how I can import openoffice files into notetab? I
      have tried and it doesn't work. What extension should I use, have tried
      converting to .txt with no results. I am new to notetab and I hope this
      isn't a stupid question. Also, if I can import these text files, I
      assume I could use the convert to html function without changing the
      document format. Or, would I use <pre> tags instead. Any info. is
      appreciated. Thanks.
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 9, 2008
        syntheticgin wrote:

        > Can anyone tell me how I can import openoffice files into notetab? I
        > have tried and it doesn't work. What extension should I use, have tried
        > converting to .txt with no results. I am new to notetab and I hope this
        > isn't a stupid question. Also, if I can import these text files, I
        > assume I could use the convert to html function without changing the
        > document format. Or, would I use <pre> tags instead. Any info. is
        > appreciated. Thanks.

        I copy and Paste from OO to NoteTab.

        If working in Calc, (the version that is spread sheets) you can save OO
        as a CSV file and open it in Notetab

        Jeff

        --

        Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
        ~~

        Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
        'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
        The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.

        Visit http://ibssg.org/

        For The Blacksheep website, Montgomery County, Putnam County, and Fountain County USGenWeb sites. MORE...
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2008
          Hi syntheticgin,

          On 09 Jan 08 21:09 "syntheticgin" <syntheticgin@...> said:
          > Can anyone tell me how I can import openoffice files into notetab?

          What sort of OOo files?

          > I have tried and it doesn't work. What extension should I use,
          > have tried converting to .txt with no results.

          No results where? At the point of export from OOo or import to
          NoteTab?

          > I am new to notetab and I hope this isn't a stupid question.

          Not stupid! Just incomplete! :-)

          > Also, if I can import these text files,

          It's not so much "import" as "open"! NoteTab will open plain text
          files. So if they are .txt, .csv, .htm and a whole range of source
          code file types, NoteTab will open them directly. "Import" implies a
          format conversion to me. NoteTab doesn't do that!

          > I assume I could use the convert to html function without
          > changing the document format.

          If you open a plain text file, you can use NoteTab's facilities both
          to add paragraph tags automatically and to "top and tail" with
          if that's the format your saving your OOo documents in they should
          open directly in NoteTab, without the need for any special convertion.

          > Or, would I use <pre> tags instead. Any info. is
          > appreciated. Thanks.

          I'm left confused about exactly what kind of doument you have - word
          processor, spreadsheet, etc? What your intended target format is and
          for what purpose? Just what it is you are trying to achieve, and why
          you think a plain text editor will help.

          Now I think I'm being dim!

          Greg
        • Scott Fordin
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2008
            syntheticgin wrote:
            > Can anyone tell me how I can import openoffice files into notetab? I
            > have tried and it doesn't work. What extension should I use, have
            > tried converting to .txt with no results. I am new to notetab and I
            > hope this isn't a stupid question. Also, if I can import these text
            > files, I assume I could use the convert to html function without
            > changing the document format. Or, would I use <pre> tags instead. Any
            > info. is appreciated. Thanks.

            You should be able to just save the file as ASCII text (this
            does *not* mean just renaming the file with a .TXT extension),
            and OpenOffice will be able to eat it. Not sure what problem
            you're having here, but OpenOffice's text export is pretty
            straightforward.

            Scott