Re: [NTB] PDF files

  • Matt Clark
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 19, 2007
      Many thanks. But I solved the problem by simply buying a PDF Editor. They were having a Christmas sale.

      No more posts.

      Matt
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 20, 2007
        What I was describing was indeed essentially one way.

        I wouldn't ever use PDF as a way of storing information, so I'd be
        extracting the information and putting it somewhere else - Excel, a
        database, Word, or a simple text file.

        Then when I want to create a new PDF file, I simply use the CutePDF
        freeware. This installs as a printer in your PC and allows your to create
        PDFs from anything you can print. It's a great little program.

        Regards, Dave S

        > But, you can export text from a PDF file (from inside the PDF reader) and
        > put it into a text file for "off-line" editing if it's the text you need.
        >
        > What I have is a list of names and addresses in PDF format. If I wanted to
        > add to or correct any of these, how would I export to, say, NoteTab, make
        > the change, and put it back in the original list? I assume I would start
        > by calling the list up in Acrobat Reader. (I don't have the full Adobe
        > Acrobat program.) Thanks for your help.
        >
        > Matt

      • Matt Clark
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 20, 2007
          Thanks Dave. It's only this one list that's in PDF format, and I understand what you're saying about storing data in that format. I've solved the problem, and since it's off-topic, won't prolong the discussion on this list.

          Thanks again.

          Matt