Re: [NTB] Can't connect NoteTab Pro's FTP feature to website

  • tuttle.grey
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 19 1:29 PM
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "decannusmc" <decann@...> wrote:

      > NOTHING happens, that is the problem. I am trying to set up an FTP
      > connection to an existing webpage using login information that is
      > CONFIRMED correct (it works using other software), but when I enter
      > it in the appropriate dialog I get no connection, and yet following
      > the same steps in another HTML editor I have installed works
      > flawlessly. NoteTab Pro came very highly recommended to me, and I
      > admittedly am very new at this so may be doing something wrong, but
      > if I cannot connect to the webpage then the software is of little
      > value to me.

      Your last comment is strange. NoteTab is primarily a text editor, not
      an FTP client. Most users find NoteTab to be highly functional and
      really useful, without ever using it for FTP. FTP is kind of an extra
      function, added via Clips.

      That FTP clip requires Windows FTP.exe. Have you tried running
      FTP.exe from a Command window to see if it works for you? If it
      doesn't, then the problem is not with NoteTab or the clip.

      If you are able to use FTP.exe from a Command window, then I suggest
      an alternative to the FTP clip. I suggest that you instead use
      Sheri's FTP Custom clip. It is far superior to the basic FTP clip. I
      provided some user interface and process requirements, and Sheri did
      a great job at producing an excellent clip. Use that instead of the
      FTP clip.

      But, if the primary reason you want NoteTab is for FTP functionality,
      then I think you're using the wrong tool.