Re: [NTB] Open parent folder shortcut

  • lm_hamilton
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2007
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

      > Y'all,
      >
      > I don't know enough about the various options
      > available in the browser.dat file, but...
      >
      > Supose you configure the "Second browser" to open
      > the Windows Explorer instead?
      >
      > Then all you would have to do is add "View other browser"
      > to the pop-up menu.
      >
      > And if that doesn't work, how about lobbying Eric
      > for this feature?
      >

      > Eb

      Eb,

      Out of curiosity, I tried this in the browsers.dat file:

      [folder]
      Command=explorer.exe
      Application=Explorer

      Using this clip:

      ^!URL [folder] ^**

      The text file opened in Internet Explorer, as I expected.

      This is because of how tightly integrated Internet Explorer and
      Windows Explorer are. They share a lot of the same code. This is also
      one of the reasons crackers can wreak so much havoc on Windows systems.

      I tried using a directory, and it did not work.

      This is using WinXP Home SP2, IE 7.

      Larry Hamilton