Re: [NTB] Open parent folder shortcut

  • ebbtidalflats
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2007
      Y'all,

      I don't know enough about the various options
      available in the browser.dat file, but...

      Supose you configure the "Second browser" to open
      the Windows Explorer instead?

      Then all you would have to do is add "View other browser"
      to the pop-up menu.

      And if that doesn't work, how about lobbying Eric
      for this feature?

      Eb

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

      > Hi!
      >
      > batfastad wrote:
      > >Is there a way to put an item into the right-click menu either when
      > >right-clicking the tab bar, or in the document body, to open the
      > >document's folder in explorer?
      >
      > I don't think so. But you could put a button on the Clipbar, provided
      > you use a paid version of Notetab.
      >
      > -------------------------
      > H="OpenFolder"
      > ^!Shell Explorer ^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$
      > -------------------------
      >
      > If you need help with that, please post on the Clip list:
      > <mailto:ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...>.
      >
      > Lotta

    • lm_hamilton
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 18, 2007
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

        > Y'all,
        >
        > I don't know enough about the various options
        > available in the browser.dat file, but...
        >
        > Supose you configure the "Second browser" to open
        > the Windows Explorer instead?
        >
        > Then all you would have to do is add "View other browser"
        > to the pop-up menu.
        >
        > And if that doesn't work, how about lobbying Eric
        > for this feature?
        >

        > Eb

        Eb,

        Out of curiosity, I tried this in the browsers.dat file:

        [folder]
        Command=explorer.exe
        Application=Explorer

        Using this clip:

        ^!URL [folder] ^**

        The text file opened in Internet Explorer, as I expected.

        This is because of how tightly integrated Internet Explorer and
        Windows Explorer are. They share a lot of the same code. This is also
        one of the reasons crackers can wreak so much havoc on Windows systems.

        I tried using a directory, and it did not work.

        This is using WinXP Home SP2, IE 7.

        Larry Hamilton