Open parent folder shortcut

  • batfastad
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 14, 2007
      Hi everyone

      Thought I'd post this question here just in case I've been stupid and
      not managed to find the option.
      I've been using NoteTab for probably almost 10 years now and it's one
      program that is probably kept open all day every day.

      But there was a feature I was digging around to try and find.

      Is there a way to put an item into the right-click menu either when
      right-clicking the tab bar, or in the document body, to open the
      document's folder in explorer?

      This would be really useful if there was a way!

      Thanks
      Ben
    • loro
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 14, 2007
        Hi!

        batfastad wrote:
        >Is there a way to put an item into the right-click menu either when
        >right-clicking the tab bar, or in the document body, to open the
        >document's folder in explorer?

        I don't think so. But you could put a button on the Clipbar, provided
        you use a paid version of Notetab.

        -------------------------
        H="OpenFolder"
        ^!Shell Explorer ^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$
        -------------------------

        If you need help with that, please post on the Clip list:
        <mailto:ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...>.

        Lotta
      • ebbtidalflats
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 18, 2007
          Y'all,

          I don't know enough about the various options
          available in the browser.dat file, but...

          Supose you configure the "Second browser" to open
          the Windows Explorer instead?

          Then all you would have to do is add "View other browser"
          to the pop-up menu.

          And if that doesn't work, how about lobbying Eric
          for this feature?

          Eb

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > batfastad wrote:
          > >Is there a way to put an item into the right-click menu either when
          > >right-clicking the tab bar, or in the document body, to open the
          > >document's folder in explorer?
          >
          > I don't think so. But you could put a button on the Clipbar, provided
          > you use a paid version of Notetab.
          >
          > -------------------------
          > H="OpenFolder"
          > ^!Shell Explorer ^$GetPath(^$GetDocName$)$
          > -------------------------
          >
          > If you need help with that, please post on the Clip list:
          > <mailto:ntb-Clips-Subscribe@...>.
          >
          > Lotta

        • lm_hamilton
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 18, 2007
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

            > Y'all,
            >
            > I don't know enough about the various options
            > available in the browser.dat file, but...
            >
            > Supose you configure the "Second browser" to open
            > the Windows Explorer instead?
            >
            > Then all you would have to do is add "View other browser"
            > to the pop-up menu.
            >
            > And if that doesn't work, how about lobbying Eric
            > for this feature?
            >

            > Eb

            Eb,

            Out of curiosity, I tried this in the browsers.dat file:

            [folder]
            Command=explorer.exe
            Application=Explorer

            Using this clip:

            ^!URL [folder] ^**

            The text file opened in Internet Explorer, as I expected.

            This is because of how tightly integrated Internet Explorer and
            Windows Explorer are. They share a lot of the same code. This is also
            one of the reasons crackers can wreak so much havoc on Windows systems.

            I tried using a directory, and it did not work.

            This is using WinXP Home SP2, IE 7.

            Larry Hamilton