Re: [NTB] Re: Notetab in the system tray

  • Vance E. Neff
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 21, 2007
      Alec,

      I could not find Events under the Control Panel. But I did find it
      under Computer Management/System Tools/Event Viewer. I did not find
      anything useful under System, but Application contained several event
      1517 entries which indicated:
      "Windows saved user V-DELL-3\Vance E Neff registry while an application
      or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used
      by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded
      when it is no longer in use.

      This is often caused by services running as a user account, try
      configuring the services to run in either the LocalService or
      NetworkService account."

      Unfortunately, it doesn't indicate which service might be the problem.
      But, uphclean is suppose to log the information.

      I'll let you know how it works and if I am able to figure which service
      is the culprit.

      Thanks for taking an interest in this. I did not expect any attention
      to this matter.

      Vance