Re: [NTB] Incremental backups problem

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2007
      Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> said on Nov 19, 2007 10:18
      -0500 (in part):
      > I have the problem sometimes when a file unsaved gets accidentally
      > shut down, and I would like to know where Notetab keeps its files that
      > are unsaved, in windows Vista. I have been able to reconstruct files in
      > teh past, but it would be easier to know where temp files are stored.
      Jeff - I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are talking about?

      If I create a file in Notetab (so it gets named as say- NoName.txt but
      hasn't yet been saved) and select option [View in browser] the address
      that shows in the browser will be something like:

      * file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Alec/efo~1.html or
      * file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Alec/efo~3.txt

      if I save the file as (say)

      * C:\Temp\NoName03.txt and then make some changes to it and again
      view in browser the address bar reads:
      * file:///C:/Temp/efo~5.txt

      so moral is ... look for files with name efo~ followed by a number in
      the folder they were last saved in or the "default" save target whatever
      that is, if it has never been saved. AFAICT, though this "backup" only
      gets made whenever Notetab needs to use interim results elsewhere NOT
      forinstance on every keystroke you make while editing the file within
      Notetab.

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail