Re: [NTB] Incremental backups problem

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2007
      Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:

      > > Totally flustered with this. Would like to locate and recover
      > > yesterday's work, if I can.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > kwc
      > Why don't you use the computers search function to look for files made
      > in that time period with the proper name.

      I have the problem sometimes when a file unsaved gets accidentally
      shut down, and I would like to know where Notetab keeps its files that
      are unsaved, in windows Vista. I have been able to reconstruct files in
      teh past, but it would be easier to know where temp files are stored.

      --

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
      ~~

      Blacksheep Ancestors in your Family?
      'Blacksheep Genealogy' is a registered California Sole Proprietorship.
      The International Black Sheep Society of Genealogists is a Social Organization Identified by its members using IBSSG after their signatures.
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 19, 2007
        Along the same lines it's been my experience with V5 that backups do
        not happen during a search disk replace operation either. Unless the
        "Make Backups" option is also ticked in the files section of options.

        So either some of us are missing something here about automatic
        backups, or a whoozit is out of place in the whatzit somewhere.

        John

      • buralex@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 19, 2007
          Jeff Scism <Scismgenie@...> said on Nov 19, 2007 10:18
          -0500 (in part):
          > I have the problem sometimes when a file unsaved gets accidentally
          > shut down, and I would like to know where Notetab keeps its files that
          > are unsaved, in windows Vista. I have been able to reconstruct files in
          > teh past, but it would be easier to know where temp files are stored.
          Jeff - I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are talking about?

          If I create a file in Notetab (so it gets named as say- NoName.txt but
          hasn't yet been saved) and select option [View in browser] the address
          that shows in the browser will be something like:

          * file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Alec/efo~1.html or
          * file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Alec/efo~3.txt

          if I save the file as (say)

          * C:\Temp\NoName03.txt and then make some changes to it and again
          view in browser the address bar reads:
          * file:///C:/Temp/efo~5.txt

          so moral is ... look for files with name efo~ followed by a number in
          the folder they were last saved in or the "default" save target whatever
          that is, if it has never been saved. AFAICT, though this "backup" only
          gets made whenever Notetab needs to use interim results elsewhere NOT
          forinstance on every keystroke you make while editing the file within
          Notetab.

          Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail