Using IF..THEN in clips

  • swisscatdk
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
      Hi all
      I have a clip which asks me for an item reference number and item name,
      price and postage. It then calculates the paypal fee etc and generates
      an email reply with order number, price, paypal address etc. It all
      works fine.
      However, some customers prefer to pick up their items in person in
      which case I just charge 1 SFr. for the padded envelope.

      Could anyone tell me how and where I could add a function into my clip
      which in effect would do the following:
      IF Postage=1.00 (i.e. not 8.40 or 6.00 which is the usual postage)
      THEN
      at position xxx add the line "You have selected to pick up the goods in
      person. There is a basic charge of 1.00 SFr for packaging of pick-up
      goods"

      It would need to insert this line at a certain part of the email reply,
      so I would either have to add the if..then section to where it will go,
      or have it jump to a marker, if you see what I mean.

      Many thanks to anyone who can help
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
        > Could anyone tell me how and where I could add a function into my clip
        > which in effect would do the following:
        > IF Postage=1.00 (i.e. not 8.40 or 6.00 which is the usual postage)
        > THEN
        > at position xxx add the line "You have selected to pick up the goods in
        > person. There is a basic charge of 1.00 SFr for packaging of pick-up
        > goods"
        >
        > It would need to insert this line at a certain part of the email reply,
        > so I would either have to add the if..then section to where it will go,
        > or have it jump to a marker, if you see what I mean.

        Two lines thus:
        ^!If "^%shipping%" = "1.00" Next ELSE Skip
        ^!InsertText You have selected to pick up the goods in person. There is
        a basic charge of 1.00 SFr for packaging of pick-up goods.

        This assumes that shipping is a variable
      • swisscatdk
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
          Sorry, I thought this worked before testing it thoroughly.
          It shows the "You have selected to pick up...." line no matter how
          much the Postage is. Even when the Postage is a variable
          ("8.40", "6.00" or "1.00"). So I tested it with the Paypal
          calculation part. (If the calculated Paypal fee is higher than 4.00
          Fr then it has to add a line as well). It added the line no matter
          how much the Paypal was.

          This is how the items are calculated
          ^!Set %Ref%=^?[Ref Number and Name only=1]
          ^!Set %Concert%=^?[No of Tickets and Concert=1]
          ^!Set %Tix%=^?[Tickets value only=1]
          ^!Set %Porto%=^?[&Porto=8.40|6.00|1.00]
          ;following calculates Paypal fee
          Paypal fee corrected: CHF ^$Calc((^%Tix%+^%Porto%)*0.045;2)$

          Using "Porto" in the suggested if... line, it prints the line no
          matter how much it is.
          Should I put the Porto sums into " ", e.g. "8.40"|"6.00"|"1.00" or
          wouldn't that help ?

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
            ^!Set %Ref%=^?[Ref Number and Name only=1]
            ^!Set %Concert%=^?[No of Tickets and Concert=1]
            ^!Set %Tix%=^?[Tickets value only=1]
            ^!Set %Porto%=^?[&Porto=8.40|6.00|1.00]
            ;following calculates Paypal fee
            Paypal fee corrected: CHF ^$Calc((^%Tix%+^%Porto%)*0.045;2)$

            ^!If "^%Porto%" = "1.00" Next ELSE Skip_2
            ^!InsertText ^P^PYou have selected to pick up the goods in person.
            ^!InsertText There is a basic charge of 1.00 SFr for packaging of
            pick-up goods.^P^P
            ^!InsertText Did we skip the line above this time?

            Works fine for me.
            I put the inserttext on two lines so it hopefully won't wrap in email.
          • swisscatdk
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 15, 2007
              Greeeat ! That DOES work, many many thanks. Maybe I can use the basics
              of that to insert a line about the Paypal fee as well..
              Super. Thankyou so much !