Re: [NTB] Why does Notetab Pro suddenly convert all text in a file to '...........'?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 12, 2007
      ken winston caine wrote:
      > Curious about one thing.
      >
      > I've set up
      "C:\Documents and Settings\x\Desktop\sync.exe" -r c e f
      > in the shortcut properties, and
      >
      > When I click on flush in the clipbook or on the shortcut on my
      > desktop, Sync opens and shows that it is "flushing: C"
      >
      > That's what I was seeing before I set all this up whenever I clicked
      > on the
      > exe file. Maybe that's all it ever shows?
      >
      > I was expecting it to show that it was flushing the specific drive
      > letters designated: c e f.
      >
      > Do you think all is well if it is not showing that it is flushing e
      > and f?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > kwc

      kwc,

      I see the same thing you do but I believe it's because the dos window
      closes so quickly you don't get a chance to see the full output response.

      Try replacing you clip with this one. It displays the complete output
      and gives you time to read it.

      I edited this clip using your path so all you have to do is replace the
      clip. It then displays the output in an ^!Info [L] box.

      --------------------
      H="Sync - Flush Drive Cache"
      ^!Shell "C:\Documents and Settings\x\Desktop\sync.exe" -r c e f
      ^!Info [L]^$GetOutput("C:\Documents and Settings\x\Desktop\sync.exe" -r
      c e f)$
      --------------------

      This is a 2 line clip, make sure it appears that way when you add it to
      your clipbook.

      ºvº SL-11-95 -created- 2007.11.12 - 18.38.18

      Newspaper HeadLine...
      "Arson Suspect is Held in Massachusetts Fire"
      ¤ ø ¤ hrs ø hsavage@...
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 13, 2007
        Hi
        As something else to try have you tried going into, right clicking on
        external drive and going to properties then hardware then policies and
        check if the caching or "optimize for quick removal" is turned on ??
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 15, 2007
          That did it! (The new, two-line clip.)

          Thanks a lot.

          It tells me that it DID flush all the removeable drives. I suspect that
          you were right, that it flashed so quickly I simply couldn't see that
          it was doing what it was supposed to be doing.

          Best,
          kwc
        • ken winston caine
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 15, 2007
            Thanks, Dave, for suggesting that. It aleady had "quick removal"
            checked.

            Best,
            kwc
          • ken winston caine
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 15, 2007
              Thanks again.

              Case closed unless I fire up some morning and discover another years'
              long research file has disappeared into the world of indecipherable
              corruption.

              Incidentally, I have set my backup drive and program so that it no
              longer automatically backs up (synchs files) upon booting. Having it
              set that way was a terrible mistake, no matter how convenient it was.
              Mistake because it meant if a file had corrupted on shutdown, that upon
              booting the corrupted file was synched to the backup drive, thus wiping
              out my NON-corrupted backup copy.

              Best,
              kwc

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ken winston caine" <naturedoc@...>