Re: Full version question

  • langbeny
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
      What exactly is red-lining and what is a clip?

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

      > Website Managers wrote:
      > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@>
      wrote:
      > >> On the other hand there are tracking and
      > >> red-lining features in those programs that some editor/author
      cycles
      > >> benefit from having.
      > >
      > > For red-lining, I save a document as a .html and use the URL and
      HTML
      > > highlighting syntax to track changes.
      > >
      > > Example: <old text> new text
      > >
      > > The <old text> will be highlighted similar to a URL will and
      allow me
      > > to scan through a document for quick updates. Once completed, I
      can
      > > then save it as a text document, outline, etc.
      > >
      > > Jim
      > >
      > Interesting concept Jim. Of course for multi-person jobs (example
      > often edit books that are passed through the author, grammar
      editors,
      > content editors, technical editors) this may not be fully
      effective.
      > But this is an option and I suppose you could add a title and date
      > attribute to your made up tag as well and insert via a clip.
      Interesting.

    • Matt Clark
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
        Kerry,

        Unfortunately, I don't have his original e-mail.

        Matt
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "langbeny" <langben@...> wrote:

          > What exactly is red-lining and what is a clip?

          Red-lining is keeping changed or deleted text in a document but making
          it look different (in this case, a different color).

          A clip is a NoteTab macro or scriptlet.

          Regards,
          Sheri
        • Corl DeLuna
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
            In NoteTab pressing F4 should open and close its library pane. Each item
            with the pane is a clip with special functionality. For me this is the heart
            of this program.

            Clips can do some amazing tasks. Look up Clip Basics under Help F1 for a
            nice intro. I stuck with the basic "surround" for the longest time.

            Best,
            Corl

            _____