Re: [NTB] Full version question

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
      Website Managers wrote:
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:
      >> On the other hand there are tracking and
      >> red-lining features in those programs that some editor/author cycles
      >> benefit from having.
      >
      > For red-lining, I save a document as a .html and use the URL and HTML
      > highlighting syntax to track changes.
      >
      > Example: <old text> new text
      >
      > The <old text> will be highlighted similar to a URL will and allow me
      > to scan through a document for quick updates. Once completed, I can
      > then save it as a text document, outline, etc.
      >
      > Jim

      Interesting concept Jim. Of course for multi-person jobs (example I
      often edit books that are passed through the author, grammar editors,
      content editors, technical editors) this may not be fully effective.
      But this is an option and I suppose you could add a title and date
      attribute to your made up tag as well and insert via a clip. Interesting.
    • langbeny
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
        What exactly is red-lining and what is a clip?

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

        > Website Managers wrote:
        > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@>
        wrote:
        > >> On the other hand there are tracking and
        > >> red-lining features in those programs that some editor/author
        cycles
        > >> benefit from having.
        > >
        > > For red-lining, I save a document as a .html and use the URL and
        HTML
        > > highlighting syntax to track changes.
        > >
        > > Example: <old text> new text
        > >
        > > The <old text> will be highlighted similar to a URL will and
        allow me
        > > to scan through a document for quick updates. Once completed, I
        can
        > > then save it as a text document, outline, etc.
        > >
        > > Jim
        > >
        > Interesting concept Jim. Of course for multi-person jobs (example
        > often edit books that are passed through the author, grammar
        editors,
        > content editors, technical editors) this may not be fully
        effective.
        > But this is an option and I suppose you could add a title and date
        > attribute to your made up tag as well and insert via a clip.
        Interesting.

      • Matt Clark
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
          Kerry,

          Unfortunately, I don't have his original e-mail.

          Matt
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "langbeny" <langben@...> wrote:

            > What exactly is red-lining and what is a clip?

            Red-lining is keeping changed or deleted text in a document but making
            it look different (in this case, a different color).

            A clip is a NoteTab macro or scriptlet.

            Regards,
            Sheri
          • Corl DeLuna
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 1, 2007
              In NoteTab pressing F4 should open and close its library pane. Each item
              with the pane is a clip with special functionality. For me this is the heart
              of this program.

              Clips can do some amazing tasks. Look up Clip Basics under Help F1 for a
              nice intro. I stuck with the basic "surround" for the longest time.

              Best,
              Corl

              _____