Re: [NTB] How to run clip from command line ?

  • lm_hamilton
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 16, 2007
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "janderri" <jan_derrick@...> wrote:

      > Well too bad, if a program that is primary used for script execution
      > isn't even properly able to understand the command-line arguments,
      > my trust level is down to nothing.
      <snip>
      > Where in the helpfile does it say that running scripts is NOT
      possible from the command-line if there are no document open by default ?

      You will notice on this list that at least four members of the beta
      testing group replied to your messages on this topic. All of us told
      you how to make it work, rather than berating you and telling you to
      read the manual, as happens on some lists.

      As Sheri pointed out, in this case, the help file is not clear.

      I would also mention that if you gave us more specifics we could
      perhaps be of more assistance.

      I too have experienced unclear documentation, with other programs, and
      spent a lot of hours figuring out things that should not be so hard.
      This list has eliminated your need to get sidetracked by the help file
      and told you how to make it work.

      Just because it does not work to your expectation, does not mean that
      it is buggy, or defective.

      I built a clip a few years ago to ease creating command lines for
      NoteTab. I do not think it works correctly with version 5 of NoteTab,
      but I will be glad to update it and post it on the Clips list, if you
      are interested.

      BTW, there have been at least 4 updates to NoteTab in 2007. NoteTab
      Light was brought to version 5, and has had at least 1 update since
      then. This is not a dead product, and Eric will gladly add new
      features that add value without adding bloat.

      Larry Hamilton