Apologies to you and all the others who responded for not getting back
to you sooner. Other pressures mean I've not been reading this list
for a few days.
Thanks so much for this...
On 29 Sep 07 23:00 "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...
> missed just three of your examples you sent me directly and for
> explainable reasons
> should be 93 characters long
Yes it certainly would have been a tall order to get it 100% right.
Most of those who had a go for me (and thanks to all) concentrated too
much on my attempt at a summary of the typical entry and didn't read
all my accompanying notes, which did rather alter the problem.
Checking back, I also realised that in one of my followups I provided
a conflicting bit of information, so that didn't help.
You didn't tell me what I should use as a replace string, so I used
the original one, but that left me with a trailing $6 on the end of
each entry, so I deleted that and tried again. Also the stuff in
column three shifted into column two. However, that was easy to sort
out with a regular search for a ^T and replace with ^T^T.
After that it was just the three entries you mentioned and the handful
of entries which by then had the (Comment) as part of the name. It
certainly saved me a mass of time.
Now I really must set aside some time to work out exactly how that all