Re: [NTB] Saved installer file of NoteTab Pro 5.3, but now updated to 5.4. What to save?

  • tuttle.grey
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

      > I rely on having my first install and then upgrade to current. I
      once
      > had to write Jody to fix me up when I couldn't locate my original. I
      > expect you could still do the same if you had your purchase info
      using
      > Jody's replacement (not like he can really be replaced).

      Yeah, that's what I would do if I had to. I hoped there might be a way
      to acquire and save the latest complete installer so I wouldn't have to
      try to prove to Support that I'm a legit owner.
    • tuttle.grey
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > open up program look under help for check for updates when it says
        yes
        > download it and save somewhere else on your drive and follow the
        > instructions ?

        That doesn't download a complete installer, such as I received when I
        first purchased 4.95 or 5.3. That "update" is a smaller exe that
        updates 5.3 to 5.4. Presumably the same will apply when they issue
        future updates.

        It may well be that saving the original and then updating is the only
        method to safely save the installer. But, that's why I asked here, in
        case there is a safer or more elegant solution such as being able to
        download a new, complete installer.
      • Eric Fookes
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
          Hi,

          The only difference with the updates and the original full setup file is
          that the English thesaurus and dictionary are not included. But those
          can be downloaded any time from the NoteTab web site.

          Eric Fookes
          http://www.fookes.com/

          tuttle.grey wrote:
          > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:
          >> Hi
          >> open up program look under help for check for updates when it says
          > yes
          >> download it and save somewhere else on your drive and follow the
          >> instructions ?
          >
          > That doesn't download a complete installer, such as I received when I
          > first purchased 4.95 or 5.3. That "update" is a smaller exe that
          > updates 5.3 to 5.4. Presumably the same will apply when they issue
          > future updates.
          >
          > It may well be that saving the original and then updating is the only
          > method to safely save the installer. But, that's why I asked here, in
          > case there is a safer or more elegant solution such as being able to
          > download a new, complete installer.
        • Tuttle Grey
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
            On Tue, October 2, 2007 9:24 am, Eric Fookes wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > The only difference with the updates and the original full setup file is
            > that the English thesaurus and dictionary are not included. But those
            > can be downloaded any time from the NoteTab web site.
            >
            > --
            > Regards,
            >
            > Eric Fookes
            > http://www.fookes.com/

            Thank you, that is very useful information.

            Have a great day Eric.
          • Corl DeLuna
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
              Hi,

              I'm wondering if you've encountered any problems updating to NTP 5.4?

              Any problems with previous NT clips, and or RegEx clips?

              What are the benefits you have noticed since upgrading?

              Thanks,
              Corl

            • Sheri
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
                --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > I'm wondering if you've encountered any problems updating to NTP 5.4?
                >
                > Any problems with previous NT clips, and or RegEx clips?
                >
                > What are the benefits you have noticed since upgrading?
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Corl

                Each of the updates brought improvements. Now 5.5 is out, and it
                resolves a long-standing video issue in NTP for me.

                Regards,
                Sheri