Re: [NTB] Saved installer file of NoteTab Pro 5.3, but now updated to 5.4. What to save?

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
      I rely on having my first install and then upgrade to current. I once
      had to write Jody to fix me up when I couldn't locate my original. I
      expect you could still do the same if you had your purchase info using
      Jody's replacement (not like he can really be replaced).
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
        Hi
        open up program look under help for check for updates when it says yes
        download it and save somewhere else on your drive and follow the
        instructions ?
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

          > I rely on having my first install and then upgrade to current. I
          once
          > had to write Jody to fix me up when I couldn't locate my original. I
          > expect you could still do the same if you had your purchase info
          using
          > Jody's replacement (not like he can really be replaced).

          Yeah, that's what I would do if I had to. I hoped there might be a way
          to acquire and save the latest complete installer so I wouldn't have to
          try to prove to Support that I'm a legit owner.
        • tuttle.grey
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            > open up program look under help for check for updates when it says
            yes
            > download it and save somewhere else on your drive and follow the
            > instructions ?

            That doesn't download a complete installer, such as I received when I
            first purchased 4.95 or 5.3. That "update" is a smaller exe that
            updates 5.3 to 5.4. Presumably the same will apply when they issue
            future updates.

            It may well be that saving the original and then updating is the only
            method to safely save the installer. But, that's why I asked here, in
            case there is a safer or more elegant solution such as being able to
            download a new, complete installer.
          • Eric Fookes
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
              Hi,

              The only difference with the updates and the original full setup file is
              that the English thesaurus and dictionary are not included. But those
              can be downloaded any time from the NoteTab web site.

              Eric Fookes
              http://www.fookes.com/

              tuttle.grey wrote:
              > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:
              >> Hi
              >> open up program look under help for check for updates when it says
              > yes
              >> download it and save somewhere else on your drive and follow the
              >> instructions ?
              >
              > That doesn't download a complete installer, such as I received when I
              > first purchased 4.95 or 5.3. That "update" is a smaller exe that
              > updates 5.3 to 5.4. Presumably the same will apply when they issue
              > future updates.
              >
              > It may well be that saving the original and then updating is the only
              > method to safely save the installer. But, that's why I asked here, in
              > case there is a safer or more elegant solution such as being able to
              > download a new, complete installer.
            • Tuttle Grey
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
                On Tue, October 2, 2007 9:24 am, Eric Fookes wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > The only difference with the updates and the original full setup file is
                > that the English thesaurus and dictionary are not included. But those
                > can be downloaded any time from the NoteTab web site.
                >
                > --
                > Regards,
                >
                > Eric Fookes
                > http://www.fookes.com/

                Thank you, that is very useful information.

                Have a great day Eric.
              • Corl DeLuna
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
                  Hi,

                  I'm wondering if you've encountered any problems updating to NTP 5.4?

                  Any problems with previous NT clips, and or RegEx clips?

                  What are the benefits you have noticed since upgrading?

                  Thanks,
                  Corl

                • Sheri
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
                    --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > I'm wondering if you've encountered any problems updating to NTP 5.4?
                    >
                    > Any problems with previous NT clips, and or RegEx clips?
                    >
                    > What are the benefits you have noticed since upgrading?
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Corl

                    Each of the updates brought improvements. Now 5.5 is out, and it
                    resolves a long-standing video issue in NTP for me.

                    Regards,
                    Sheri