Saved installer file of NoteTab Pro 5.3, but now updated to 5.4. What to save?

  • tuttle.grey
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
      After many years of using NoteTab Pro 4.95, I bought NoteTab Pro 5.3. I
      downloaded the full package, saved as NotePro530_Setup.exe. I burned
      this to CD, just in case I ever have a total catastrophe on my PC. I
      can always run NotePro530_Setup.exe to install NoteTab Pro 5.3 on a new
      PC or replaced hard drive.

      Since then, an update became available which updated my installation to
      NoteTab Pro 5.4. However, I don't have a full package installer for
      NoteTab Pro 5.4, so what do I do about saving a current installer in
      case of disaster?

      What do you guys and gals do about this? Do you rely on saving whatever
      package you bought, and then if you ever must reinstall you plan to run
      the updates again? Or is there somewhere we can download full installer
      packages as we did when we first purchased?

      Thanks.
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
        I rely on having my first install and then upgrade to current. I once
        had to write Jody to fix me up when I couldn't locate my original. I
        expect you could still do the same if you had your purchase info using
        Jody's replacement (not like he can really be replaced).
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
          Hi
          open up program look under help for check for updates when it says yes
          download it and save somewhere else on your drive and follow the
          instructions ?
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          > After many years of using NoteTab Pro 4.95, I bought NoteTab Pro 5.3. I
          > downloaded the full package, saved as NotePro530_Setup.exe. I burned
          > this to CD, just in case I ever have a total catastrophe on my PC. I
          > can always run NotePro530_Setup.exe to install NoteTab Pro 5.3 on a new
          > PC or replaced hard drive.
          >
          > Since then, an update became available which updated my installation to
          > NoteTab Pro 5.4. However, I don't have a full package installer for
          > NoteTab Pro 5.4, so what do I do about saving a current installer in
          > case of disaster?
          >
          > What do you guys and gals do about this? Do you rely on saving whatever
          > package you bought, and then if you ever must reinstall you plan to run
          > the updates again? Or is there somewhere we can download full installer
          > packages as we did when we first purchased?
          >
          > Thanks.

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • tuttle.grey
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

            > I rely on having my first install and then upgrade to current. I
            once
            > had to write Jody to fix me up when I couldn't locate my original. I
            > expect you could still do the same if you had your purchase info
            using
            > Jody's replacement (not like he can really be replaced).

            Yeah, that's what I would do if I had to. I hoped there might be a way
            to acquire and save the latest complete installer so I wouldn't have to
            try to prove to Support that I'm a legit owner.
          • tuttle.grey
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

              > Hi
              > open up program look under help for check for updates when it says
              yes
              > download it and save somewhere else on your drive and follow the
              > instructions ?

              That doesn't download a complete installer, such as I received when I
              first purchased 4.95 or 5.3. That "update" is a smaller exe that
              updates 5.3 to 5.4. Presumably the same will apply when they issue
              future updates.

              It may well be that saving the original and then updating is the only
              method to safely save the installer. But, that's why I asked here, in
              case there is a safer or more elegant solution such as being able to
              download a new, complete installer.
            • Eric Fookes
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
                Hi,

                The only difference with the updates and the original full setup file is
                that the English thesaurus and dictionary are not included. But those
                can be downloaded any time from the NoteTab web site.

                Eric Fookes
                http://www.fookes.com/

                tuttle.grey wrote:
                > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:
                >> Hi
                >> open up program look under help for check for updates when it says
                > yes
                >> download it and save somewhere else on your drive and follow the
                >> instructions ?
                >
                > That doesn't download a complete installer, such as I received when I
                > first purchased 4.95 or 5.3. That "update" is a smaller exe that
                > updates 5.3 to 5.4. Presumably the same will apply when they issue
                > future updates.
                >
                > It may well be that saving the original and then updating is the only
                > method to safely save the installer. But, that's why I asked here, in
                > case there is a safer or more elegant solution such as being able to
                > download a new, complete installer.
              • Tuttle Grey
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
                  On Tue, October 2, 2007 9:24 am, Eric Fookes wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > The only difference with the updates and the original full setup file is
                  > that the English thesaurus and dictionary are not included. But those
                  > can be downloaded any time from the NoteTab web site.
                  >
                  > --
                  > Regards,
                  >
                  > Eric Fookes
                  > http://www.fookes.com/

                  Thank you, that is very useful information.

                  Have a great day Eric.
                • Corl DeLuna
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 3, 2007
                    Hi,

                    I'm wondering if you've encountered any problems updating to NTP 5.4?

                    Any problems with previous NT clips, and or RegEx clips?

                    What are the benefits you have noticed since upgrading?

                    Thanks,
                    Corl

                  • Sheri
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 4, 2007
                      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Corl DeLuna" <corl@...> wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > I'm wondering if you've encountered any problems updating to NTP 5.4?
                      >
                      > Any problems with previous NT clips, and or RegEx clips?
                      >
                      > What are the benefits you have noticed since upgrading?
                      >
                      > Thanks,
                      > Corl

                      Each of the updates brought improvements. Now 5.5 is out, and it
                      resolves a long-standing video issue in NTP for me.

                      Regards,
                      Sheri