Major Progress -WAS -> Small Progress -WAS-> Re: [wine] Unresolved Issues ...

  • lm_hamilton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2007
      I am posting one last message here about getting NoteTab Light and
      Standard to run on Linux with Wine, since all reported functionality
      issues are solved.

      NOTE: NoteTab Pro runs fine without any of these measures.

      See the ntb-linux list at
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-linux/ for any other issues of
      running NoteTab on Linux with Wine.

      I finally got Win98 fired up and got the dlls from there.

      Dir rich*.dll in the c:\windows\system directory revealed three dlls:
      riched.dll, riched20.dll, and riched32.dll. 241.1, 412, and 168.8 KB
      respectively. This is much bigger than the dlls from dll-files.com.

      I put these in the .wine\drive_c\windows\system32 directory.

      I then set winecfg to use them as native,builtin. With NoteTab Light
      in Win98 emulation. I used NoteTab Light 4.95.

      I then tested and confirmed resolution of all but one of your issues.

      The issue with adding fonts to the .fonts directory. This is not a
      Wine or Windows dll issue.

      Make sure Wine is not running, i.e. any Windows program in Wine. Then
      update here.

      If the fonts are only for use with Windows programs, then put them in
      the .wine\drive_c\windows\fonts directory. Again, make sure Wine is
      not running.

      It seemed a lot slower to me, but I was running video and music, so it
      may be I hit the limit of my mere 256 MB RAM, on this PC.

      The above should also be the solution for NoteTab Standard.

      Please let me know if this does not work for you, with specifics.

      Larry Hamilton