Re: [NTB] Cannot save file

  • Bruce Meyers
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2007
      Joel,

      I am not a "pro", but what have you got set as your default html manager?
      If it is IE that may be the "other process" that has control of your file.
      What did you use to open the tutorial? NoteTab or did you just click on the .html file
      and take what you got. The tutorial program might be the "other process" that
      has control.

      In IE use Tools->Internet Options->Programs to set the default html to NoteTab

      I do not know that this will solve your problem, but it can't hurt to check what is the default html opener on your computer.
      Bruce Meyers

      joelwgold <joelgee@...> wrote:
      Hi. New to NoteTab Pro. I've been working on an HTML tutorial and
      tried to save the file. When I try saving, I get this error message:

      Cannot create file "C:\Documents and Settings\Joel Golden\My
      Documents\Starbuzz\index.html". The process cannot access the file
      because it is being used by another process.

      I checked Windows Task Manager and don't even see any weird processes
      running.
      BTW, using NoteTab Pro v. 5.4, Windows XP SP2.
      Any help appreciated.

      I know I can rename it and save as another file, but this is still a
      mystery.

      Thanks.
      Joel