FTP open document from NoteTab directly to server?

  • tuttle.grey
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2007
      I have NoteTab Pro 5.4 and Windows 98SE.

      I edit web site files locally on my PC, in NoteTab Pro. (I have a
      complete copy of the web site locally.) When I edit a file, I'd like
      to be able to quickly FTP that file up to the web site just by
      clicking a command in NoteTab.

      I've tried using the FTP Clipbook library that comes with NoteTab,
      but it doesn't really do what I want: it requires you to manually
      enter the destination directory on the server and manually enter the
      list of files to upload.

      Here's what I think would be ideal:

      1. Right-click on document tab, and execute a command "FTP".
      2. Select the destination server from a pre-configured list.
      3. Select the destination directory from a pre-configured list.
      4. Confirm or "okay" to upload the open file.

      Is this possible?
    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 2007
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "tuttle.grey" <tuttle@...> wrote:

        > I have NoteTab Pro 5.4 and Windows 98SE.
        > ... the FTP Clipbook library ... requires you to manually
        > enter the destination directory on the server and manually enter the
        > list of files to upload.
        >
        > Here's what I think would be ideal:
        >
        > 1. Right-click on document tab, and execute a command "FTP".
        > 2. Select the destination server from a pre-configured list.
        > 3. Select the destination directory from a pre-configured list.
        > 4. Confirm or "okay" to upload the open file.
        >
        > Is this possible?

        Yes. More or less.

        Though I have answered your question, let me volunteer a
        bit of additinonal info.

        The place to get a solution for what you want is the
        clip code discussion group.

        Perhaps you can find someone there who has already solved
        your problem.

        In addition, if you live in the Houston, TX area, there
        are occasional workshops in making NoteTab Pro do more
        than it was designed for (SE NASA area).

        Cheers.

        Eb