NoteTab Pro unable to write to disk in sleep mode

  • haydn1947
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2007
      I've noticed that if leave the computer idle for some time and come
      back later, NoteTab Pro 5.4 sometime has great difficulty writing to a
      disk that is probably in "sleep" mode for not having been accessed in a
      while. When I try to save to the disk, the status line shows trying to
      write the file. The mouse icon goes to busy when passed over the NTP
      edit window. It may stay in this condition without ever completing the
      save operation. Checking the folder shows that the target file does
      not exist (although the backup was created).

      I've found that I can get out of this condition by initiating a "save
      as" to another file name on the same disk. This seems to be sufficient
      to give NTP the interrupt it must have missed. Both saved files are
      identically written and NTP continues normally. Very strange little
      anomaly! I haven't seen this kind of anomaly with any other Windows
      application that would be writing to the disk.