Re: [NTB] Re: Command Parameters to run NoteTab Prom NotePro.ini, clipbooks from USB key ?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 14, 2007
      Tuttle Grey wrote:
      > Yes, I've discovered that it's better to start with a fresh
      > ini file. I had thought to save time by reusing mine from my
      > main system drive, but it's too much trouble.
      >
      > Thanks for the information about UseProfileFolder. If that
      > had been documented in the help files, it would have saved
      > a lot of time. :)
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > I'm hoping to find a solution that allows me to create an
      > icon, shortcut, file, something *on the same USB flash drive*
      > where NoteTab is installed. I'll click that to launch NoteTab
      > on the USB drive along with the /USB switch. I don't want to
      > have to "hard code" a drive letter in that, because then
      > obviously it won't work on other
      > PCs unless I edit the drive letter each time the USB drive is
      > assigned a different letter.
      >
      > Can you offer any solution to do that?

      Tuttle,

      The easiest and most trouble-free method I've found is, install NoteTab
      on the USB and create a batchfile in the root folder of the USB. I have
      a 2 line batchfile finds and starts NoteTab initially. You should set
      the USB install to;

      'View > Options > View > Icon in System Tray' and
      'View > Options > View > Close to System Tray'.

      This way, on subsequent starts there will be an icon in the System Tray
      to start NoteTab.
      ------ 2 line batchfile --------
      @Echo OFF
      For %%d in (d e f g h i j k l m o p q r s t u v w x y z) do if exist
      "%%d:\Fookes\Note Tab\NotePro.exe" "%%d:\Fookes\Note Tab\NotePro.exe" /usb

      Place this batchfile in the root folder of usb, edit the path examples
      to match yours, save file and double-click it to start first time. It
      will leave an open dos box/window the first time, close it and use the
      systray icon to restart NoteTab if needed.

      ºvº SL-8--1700 -created- 2007.08.14 - 11.33.25

      Classic Clothing:
      "Wearing Outfits You Already Have."