Re: Undo in outline files using NoteTab Pro

  • derekcornishuk
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2007
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

      > Derek,
      >
      > There are several things you can do with NTP to enhance the ability to
      > undo stuff.
      >
      > 1. In configuration (View menu --> options --> files tab) there is an
      > option to undo after save. Sorry, I don't know how far back this will
      > let you uindo, if you only use a .bak extension.
      >
      > 2. In backups, you can create backup files with incremental numbers.
      > On the one hand this creates a lot of files, but on the other, if you
      > accedentally delete important data, you can open up these multiple
      > backup files and retrieve the lost data.
      >
      > As to the pasteboard stopping to work, I have experienced problems
      > with the pateboard in combination with unicode files, because I have
      > the "protect unicode files" option checked. I think unchecking
      > read-only in the document menu _temoporarily_ lets you continue
      > capturing to the pasteboard (until you reload the pasteboard file).

      Thanks very much, Eb. I already had the "undo after save" option
      checked, but I missed the option to do incremental saves. That will be
      very useful. I use FileHamster, too, so I hope I will be better
      protected next time.

      I'll try your solution to the Paste Board problem, too. In fact, I'm
      not sure that I use unicode files much if ever, so I might be able to
      leave the option you mention unchecked routinely.

      Derek