RE: [NTB] Undo in outline files using NoteTab Pro

  • Derek B. Cornish
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2007
      On Thursday, August 02, 2007 2:22 PM, Gerard Huijing wrote
      > My post was just to let you know that it is not impossible to
      > use NTB, including PasteBoard feature and Outlines, and a
      > separate Clipboard manager.
      > It would be a pity if it was really impossible to use all
      > these nice possibilities all at once.

      Thank you very much, Gerald. That was indeed reassuring to know. I'll be
      registering NTB, especially knowing there are such helpful mailing-list
      members :-).

      All the best,
      Derek

      rns.groups.yahoo.com >
      > On Thursday 02 August 2007 15:02, derekcornishuk wrote:
      > > Maybe my inability to "undo" after
      > > moving away and then back to an outline section is one of
      > the costs of
      > > using an outline file rather than just one simple text one.
      >
      > Yes, Derek.
      > My post was just to let you know that it is not impossible to
      > use NTB, including PasteBoard feature and Outlines, and a
      > separate Clipboard manager.
      > It would be a pity if it was really impossible to use all
      > these nice possibilities all at once.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Gerard
      >
      > --
      > Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
      > 2312 ZD Leiden
      > Netherlands
      > inboxgen@...

      > The NoteTab Off Topic List:
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • ebbtidalflats
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2007
        Derek,

        There are several things you can do with NTP to enhance the ability to
        undo stuff.

        1. In configuration (View menu --> options --> files tab) there is an
        option to undo after save. Sorry, I don't know how far back this will
        let you uindo, if you only use a .bak extension.

        2. In backups, you can create backup files with incremental numbers.
        On the one hand this creates a lot of files, but on the other, if you
        accedentally delete important data, you can open up these multiple
        backup files and retrieve the lost data.

        As to the pasteboard stopping to work, I have experienced problems
        with the pateboard in combination with unicode files, because I have
        the "protect unicode files" option checked. I think unchecking
        read-only in the document menu _temoporarily_ lets you continue
        capturing to the pasteboard (until you reload the pasteboard file).

        Eb

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "derekcornishuk" <100341.2151@...> wrote:
        > I had been using another NoteTab file as a Paste Board to avoid these
        > little disasters, but somehow this stopped working. I think this may
        > have been caused by using another program's (Zoot) web-clipping
        > feature. This also uses the Windows clipboard.
      • derekcornishuk
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2007
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ebbtidalflats" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

          > Derek,
          >
          > There are several things you can do with NTP to enhance the ability to
          > undo stuff.
          >
          > 1. In configuration (View menu --> options --> files tab) there is an
          > option to undo after save. Sorry, I don't know how far back this will
          > let you uindo, if you only use a .bak extension.
          >
          > 2. In backups, you can create backup files with incremental numbers.
          > On the one hand this creates a lot of files, but on the other, if you
          > accedentally delete important data, you can open up these multiple
          > backup files and retrieve the lost data.
          >
          > As to the pasteboard stopping to work, I have experienced problems
          > with the pateboard in combination with unicode files, because I have
          > the "protect unicode files" option checked. I think unchecking
          > read-only in the document menu _temoporarily_ lets you continue
          > capturing to the pasteboard (until you reload the pasteboard file).

          Thanks very much, Eb. I already had the "undo after save" option
          checked, but I missed the option to do incremental saves. That will be
          very useful. I use FileHamster, too, so I hope I will be better
          protected next time.

          I'll try your solution to the Paste Board problem, too. In fact, I'm
          not sure that I use unicode files much if ever, so I might be able to
          leave the option you mention unchecked routinely.

          Derek