Re: [NTB] NoteTab working under Wine!

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 1, 2007
      OK. Here's an update. Once I really got serious about updating some
      files, I discovered that drag and drop doesn't work under Wine! That
      alone is a deal breaker. Drats!

      As to the NTFS stuff . . . I have copied some text and pdf files to XP
      without a problem. Just hoping the wheels continue to stay attached.

      Sister

      that gives answers, not web links.
    • Lee Underwood
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 14, 2007
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:

        > After months of talking a lot about it, my Linux project finally got
        > completed!!! I now have a new 250GB hard drive (partitioned and dual
        > booting Ubuntu with XP) and an internal serial modem (the USR 5610c)
        > that worked right out of the box.
        >
        > Though I haven't really done a lot of coding since installing, I'd like
        > to report that NoteTab Light and Tidy seem to function pretty well
        > under Wine. Keeping fingers crossed . . .

        Great to hear! I am using NoteTab Pro 5.0 on Ubuntu 7.04. I was
        wondering if you had run into the same problems I had (and if you did,
        were you abel to correct them?):

        * When the cursor scrolls to the top or bottom of the screen, it jumps
        back 2 lines.
        * Using "Save As..." Takes a l----o---n---g time.
        * When pasting into a document, punctuation is changed to unicode.
        * (can't remember any other right now.)

        Otherwise, it works fine, for the most part. If I could just take care
        of these minor things.

        Lee
      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
          * I can't drag and drop! That's a deal breaker.

          * The libraries can only be switched with a nudge from F4.

          It looks like Quanta + will provide a workable substitute for the basic
          web design work that I do. (Or I can just boot into XP and get stuff
          done there the old fashioned way. I'm not doing much coding at all
          these days.)