Re: [NTB] Hyperlinks

  • Jody Adair
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 1998
      Hi Wren

      >Can any body help me out? Is there any way to jump
      >to text other than a HEADER in another .otl file?

      Go to [ this text in this outline. ]

      From ReadMe.otl under hyperlinks:

      * If you want to apply the search criteria type of hyperlink
      on the active document, just omit the file name. For example,
      [::NoteTab] will find the next occurrence of the name NoteTab.
      Since the double colon does not necessarily look very nice in
      this case, the following format with a blank space on each side
      of the search criteria is also valid: [ NoteTab ]....And [readme.txt::NoteTab^B] will find the last occurrence of the
      word "NoteTab" in the Readme.txt file.

      >Also, when you are inside a file a search seems to
      >always be relative to where you are. Is there a way to
      >make it start at the top? or bottom for a reverse search?

      Not that I know of. [ tab::5^L] That didn't work for me.

    • Kay Roath
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 1998
        02.09.1998 2:13 PM Wren McMains wrote

        > How do you specify a search instead of a link to a
        > header when referencing a .otl file from another file?
        It always looks for a header when you include the name
        of an otl file. If you have a hyperlink inside the otl,
        [findit] will look for a header & [ findit] or [::findit]
        will look for text.

        > Is there any difference between ^B/^b, ^T/^t and ^I/^i or
        > any other special characters which go here?
        It's all case insensitive.

        > Can any body help me out? Is there any way to jump
        > to text other than a HEADER in another .otl file?
        Not at the present time.

        > Also, when you are inside a file a search seems to
        > always be relative to where you are. Is there a way to
        > make it start at the top? or bottom for a reverse search?
        Not at the present time.

        > (I assume it always starts at the top or bottom if you
        > reference from outside the file (even if the referenced
        > file is open?) is this true?)
        Seems to start from top.

        --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
        notetab-tips-subscribe@...
        **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
        http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9