Re: [NTB] Added /usb command-line switch. Use it when you want to run NoteTab from a USB k

  • Jono
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 25, 2007
      Eric - Please disregard my last post. I was copying a previous
      NotePro.ini file to the USB drive which somehow told the app to
      create the folder structure on the C: drive. After deleting the file
      and allowing the new NotePro.ini file to stay in place, and then just
      resetting the settings, it works great. I haven't seen any problems
      at all.

      Thanks for a great app!

      Jono

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Jono" <jmartin@...> wrote:

      > Hi Eric,
      >
      > I have installed NoteTab Pro 5.3 on my USB thumb drive. I created
      > the following batch file to launch NoteTab:
      >
      > @echo off
      > NotePro.exe /usb
      > Exit
      >
      > When I launch the app with this batch file, it still creates a
      folder
      > called in C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data
      that
      > includes these folders and files:
      >
      > /Favorites/
      > /Libraries/
      > /Spelling/
      > /Templates/
      > /NotePro.ini
      > /NotePro.fpr
      > /cntp5.nws
      >
      > I copied the NotePro.ini to the installation directory on the thumb
      > drive, but it still uses the one on the C: drive.
      >
      > I would like to make sure that everything stays on the thumb drive
      > with nothing being copied or created to the C: drive of the host
      > computer. Is that possible? Please explain how I can do this. I
      > have read through this thread and I am not at all clear on how to
      do
      > this. Just copying the NotePro.ini doesn't work.
      >
      > Another thing I tried was to use the /user instead of the /usb as
      > someone suggested. That didn't seem to make any difference either.
      >
      > Thanks for your help.
      >
      > Jono
      >

      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Eric Fookes <egroups@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Jono,
      > >
      > > If you want NoteTab to save all settings and favorites on your
      USB
      > > drive, you should also place a copy of your NotePro.ini file on
      it
      > (same
      > > folder as NotePro.exe).
      > >
      > > --
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Eric Fookes
      > > http://www.fookes.com/
      > >
      > > Jono wrote:
      > > > Hi - Even using the USB parameter, NotePro.exe creates a
      > directory
      > > > under C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data.
      It