When is NoteTab Light 5 going to be realeased ?!?!?

  • johnord
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
      They've been saying for the longest that NoteTab Light 5 was going to
      come out around Christmas, then New Years, then "hopefully" Spring,
      then Summer, and now it's "not available yet".

      What gives? I'm starting to think Duke Nukem Forever will be out
      before version 5 !!!
    • LaurieK
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
        Allow me to be the first, of what I am sure will be many, to inform you that
        NTB 5 has been out since for a long time..in fact Eric just released V5.3.

        You may want to check the website for more details.

        LadyCK3

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
          July 26, 2006 was the release date, I just checked the “What’s New”

          NoteTab v5.0 (released: 26 July 2006)

          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

          * Full support for multi-user and network environments.

          * Can be run reliably from a user "Limited Account".

          * Improved user-interface appearance under Windows XP.

          * Added new print engine with Print Preview tool.

          * NoteTab Pro breaks line lengths limit.

          * Improved Undo feature in NoteTab Pro.

          * Improved opening files through the Windows Shell and Send To feature.

          * Powerful new regex engine based on PCRE (Perl 5 compatible).

          * Clip-code additions and improvements.

          * Added support for IntelliComplete Server (www.flashpeak.com).

          * Fixed issue opening HTML documents in Firefox.

          * Many other minor improvements and bug fixes.

          * Revised license pricing.

          * Updated documentation.

          ENJOY!!

          LadyCK3

          _____

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
            The OP has asked a valid question that I was just musing on yesterday.
            To my knowledge there is no LIGHT version of NTB 5. According to the
            site, NoteTab Light 4.95 is the only version available. So I second the
            question - when will NoteTab Light 5 be available????

            --- LaurieK <ladyck3@...> wrote:

            > Allow me to be the first, of what I am sure will be many, to inform
            > you that
            > NTB 5 has been out since for a long time..in fact Eric just released
            > V5.3.
            >
            > You may want to check the website for more details.
            >

            > LadyCK3
            >

            > _____

            It's here! Your new message!
          • sisterscape
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007
              AFAIK, VERSION 5 IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS STD AND PRO. THERE IS NO LIGHT
              VERSION 5 (THE OPERATIVE WORD BEING -LIGHT).

              --- LaurieK <ladyck3@...> wrote:

              > July 26, 2006 was the release date, I just checked the “What’s New”
              >

              > NoteTab v5.0 (released: 26 July 2006)
              >
              > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
              >
              > * Full support for multi-user and network environments.
              >
              > * Can be run reliably from a user "Limited Account".
              >
              > * Improved user-interface appearance under Windows XP.
              >
              > * Added new print engine with Print Preview tool.
              >
              > * NoteTab Pro breaks line lengths limit.
              >
              > * Improved Undo feature in NoteTab Pro.
              >
              > * Improved opening files through the Windows Shell and Send To
              > feature.
              >
              > * Powerful new regex engine based on PCRE (Perl 5 compatible).
              >
              > * Clip-code additions and improvements.
              >
              > * Added support for IntelliComplete Server (www.flashpeak.com).
              >
              > * Fixed issue opening HTML documents in Firefox.
              >
              > * Many other minor improvements and bug fixes.
              >
              > * Revised license pricing.
              >
              > * Updated documentation.
              >

              > ENJOY!!
              >
              > LadyCK3
              >

              > _____

            • sisterscape
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 11, 2007

                --- LaurieK <ladyck3@...> wrote:

                > July 26, 2006 was the release date, I just checked the “What’s New”
                >

                > NoteTab v5.0 (released: 26 July 2006)
                >
                > ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
                >
                > * Full support for multi-user and network environments.
                >
                > * Can be run reliably from a user "Limited Account".
                >
                > * Improved user-interface appearance under Windows XP.
                >
                > * Added new print engine with Print Preview tool.
                >
                > * NoteTab Pro breaks line lengths limit.
                >
                > * Improved Undo feature in NoteTab Pro.
                >
                > * Improved opening files through the Windows Shell and Send To
                > feature.
                >
                > * Powerful new regex engine based on PCRE (Perl 5 compatible).
                >
                > * Clip-code additions and improvements.
                >
                > * Added support for IntelliComplete Server (www.flashpeak.com).
                >
                > * Fixed issue opening HTML documents in Firefox.
                >
                > * Many other minor improvements and bug fixes.
                >
                > * Revised license pricing.
                >
                > * Updated documentation.
                >

                > ENJOY!!
                >
                > LadyCK3
                >

                > _____

                http://tv.yahoo.com/
              • Eric Fookes
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 12, 2007
                  It's on its way. As I'm sure you can understand, we do give priority to
                  our paying customers. We're heavily solicited in our various commercial
                  developments and have had less time to work on the freeware titles. Sorry.

                  Eric Fookes
                  http://www.fookes.com/

                  johnord wrote:
                  > They've been saying for the longest that NoteTab Light 5 was going to
                  > come out around Christmas, then New Years, then "hopefully" Spring,
                  > then Summer, and now it's "not available yet".
                  >
                  > What gives? I'm starting to think Duke Nukem Forever will be out
                  > before version 5 !!!
                • sisterscape
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 13, 2007
                    Eric, I totally understand. I have a question. I have been using
                    NoteTab Light for years and see no reason to switch to Std or Pro. Is
                    there a way to make a contribution in appreciation of the Light
                    version?

                    Thanks.

                    sisterscape

                    --- Eric Fookes <egroups@...> wrote:

                    > It's on its way. As I'm sure you can understand, we do give priority
                    > our paying customers. We're heavily solicited in our various
                    > commercial
                    > developments and have had less time to work on the freeware titles.
                    > Sorry.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > Eric Fookes
                    > http://www.fookes.com/
                    >

                    > johnord wrote:
                    > > They've been saying for the longest that NoteTab Light 5 was going
                    > > come out around Christmas, then New Years, then "hopefully" Spring,
                    >
                    > > then Summer, and now it's "not available yet".
                    > >
                    > > What gives? I'm starting to think Duke Nukem Forever will be out
                    > > before version 5 !!!

                    > The NoteTab Off Topic List:
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    that gives answers, not web links.
                  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 13, 2007
                      sisterscape wrote:
                      > Eric, I totally understand. I have a question. I have been using
                      > NoteTab Light for years and see no reason to switch to Std or Pro. Is
                      > there a way to make a contribution in appreciation of the Light
                      > version?
                      >
                      > Thanks.
                      >
                      > sisterscape

                      Yes, of course, buy either standard or pro. There are advantages and it
                      is a donation. But you will like things like multiple undos for
                      example. Worth upgrading.